LinkedIn. No kids. When you return to the ship, you scan it again. Concerning laundry, yes, there is a retractable clothesline in the shower. There are large windows on the port and starboard sides so views are available while cruising the river at mealtime. We could not have chosen any better than the Skirnir and Viking. Freyja Toiletries on Viking Ocean Cruises (Credit: Jerome Levine). We travel light, as well, but the ship will take care of delivering your luggage to your room; we just kept our small carry ons (the ones that fit under the airplane seats) with us. expansive 445 square foot living space (separate living room and bedroom) with wraparound balcony at the stern of the ship plus a French balcony in the bedroom. Im going on a Viking River Cruise (Paris-Normandy). (If you are booked in one of the suites, youll have access to your stateroom at 12:00.) When I returned, I noticed two Viking bookmarks resting on top of the books. Your room key is your ID. We do indeed have new travel hiccups and challenges these days. Thank you for great information and insights! My husband and I took the Top of Cologne excursion, and it was one of the best. Any comments on safety in cities? Theres a mix of traveling overnight (almost all of the time) and during the morning/afternoon/evening (some of the time). We will have 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, noise cancelling earbuds, camera, and the audio headphones that need to be charged at various times as well as a curling iron to plug in. Some companies may take space from common areas to put into spas and fitness centers; others, like Viking, use all that available space for staterooms and common areas.). For example, once the crew knows that everyone is accounted for after excursions, the ship is sailing within minutes of the anticipated departure (as noted in the Viking Daily). By Jjg34219, July 3, . The Viking Bar on Deck 1 has sweets and savories available through midnight. Umbrellas on the Viking Star (Photo credit: Jerome Levine), No need for bringing bulky beach towels or taking sand home. One of those steps is to create an online account with Viking. This is Vikings way of accounting for guests. Yes, I believe there is one. I am not thinking we will have any need for a converter, just additional plugs. Im hoping that other women will be wearing slacks with a nice blouse for our Viking Ocean cruise to the Caribbean. It easily holds passports and other travel documents along with jewelry and money. Weve had no regrets. That way, if they reach a low point in the river, they can have passengers disembark, go on bussed excursions, and afterwards be taken to the sister ship that completes the journey. All guests are 18 years old or more. Aside from three meals a day, snacks are always accessible whether you miss a meal, wake up late, or simply have a craving between meal hours. Alternatives include USB charging stations, multi-socket outlets, or outlet adapters which don't contain a surge protector. I like boiled water first up in the mirning, According to the Viking website, coffee machines with premium coffee and tea selections are available in Deluxe Veranda staterooms and above: https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/ships/viking-sky.htmlsin the room. But, what else would we spend money on? Ive taken mine on multiple Viking river and OCEAN cruises and have never had a problem. There they may board another ship. In the summer it can be really hot and sweaty feet even in sandals can cause blisters. Viking has guest departures timed to match their future travel plans. The water levels are extremely low right now. Hope this is helpful and have a wonderful cruise! The only exception to the no-adapter rule below: Make sure you bring European-style adapters for the plugs, and that the hair tools can run on 220V current (for use near the makeup table in your cabin). Use down arrow key to expand the menu and up arrow key to collapse the menu and hit enter to select the link 2. The bar is on one end of the lounge; theres wait service in the Lounge during lunch and in the late afternoon and evening. I just took the Caribbean Amazon cruise and women were wearing slacks and blouses, as did I. The Aquavit Terrace is a great place to have a meal. In addition to cocktails, there were some very nice premium wine options aboard Viking, and we had fun trying ones that were new to us. What is the electrical voltage in the staterooms? Does Viking get us into our room early or do we have to check our luggage with the hotel and wait until 3:00 PM? . https://www.moretimetotravel.com/cruise-hacks-8-tips-to-help-you-pack-for-a-river-cruise/, Have you been on the Midnight Sun cruise any thoughts on the type of clothing to bring I leave in a few days and still struggling with what clothes to take thanks . This happens when bridges are too low to safely pass under with guests on the sun deck. 150 square foot stateroom with picture window (no outdoor space), 135 square foot stateroom with French balcony (sliding glass door with no outdoor space), located on the Upper Deck and Middle Deck, 205 square foot room with full-size private veranda, 275 square foot suite with full-size private veranda, mini-bar with wine, beer, and soft drinks that are replenished daily, complimentary laundry & shoe shine services. I liked the hair and cleansing products on the ship, but the hotel had one cleanser for hair and body only. If you stay in a hotel before or after your cruise you will need to bring adapters for charging your phone or tablets. We do the red eye and get into Amsterdam early morning. Thanks for the great details! We were never disappointed with our meal selections. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Irene is a regular contributor to Forbes Travel/ Read her most recent stories by clicking the links. Thank you so much for this detailed account. This taught me to take pictures when I first see a scenic sight just in case I wouldnt have the opportunity again. Thank you! However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise . For example, this was the information for the Viking Star, which shows mini-bars in every category of stateroom: https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/ships/viking-star.html Are there any solo travellers on their cruises. How exciting! Youll receive an excursion card with a number and a letter. The only outlet in the bathroom is appropriate for a shaver. Many of the guests are retired, but there were quite a few still working or recently retired. As for how much money to bring along, I usually start out with about $300 worth of local currency. It has a 5 feet long braided extension cord attached to it for charging. The room stewards are wonderful and treat you like royalty! Have a great cruise! We sent some clothing to be laundered, and we were happy with that choice. The longships have both American 110v and Euro 220v service and outlets. We travel light with one roll aboard and one backpack. Three meals are included each day at the following times: Soda, beer, and house wine are available at lunch and dinner at no charge. Sometimes theres a lot of river cruise ship traffic in popular cities. Thanks, Tom! The hotel manager was great and the program director was a literal Energizer Bunny. Haha, I got a kick out of being tempted with just one little pastry! A good idea if youre a runner is to check with the reception desk to map out when there will be time in the morning to leave the ship for a jog or run before excursions begin. Can you please provide the docking location? We celebrated a big anniversary on our cruise and were delighted with champagne and a special dessert awaiting us in our room after dinner one night. Thanks for the reminders. We took the walking tour of Passau, enjoyed a leisurely lunch in town, went on a hike, and strolled around town afterward. Does the ocean cruise provide different pillow? Have fun whatever you decide to do! Im sure we will need some pocket money for small purchases. As mentioned throughout the comments, thank you so much for such insightful and helpful information! Once youve booked a Viking cruise, take the next steps, like creating an online account with Viking, to ensure a wonderful adventure. The staterooms and bathrooms are efficiently designed to maximize usable space, and there are many things to appreciate in the staterooms. Do you travel overnight for most of the time or is there day travel as well? Often, a crew member will place towels on your bed the night before if youve booked an excursion that might call for beach towels. What Kind Of Converters Will I Need For My Computer/Curling Iron/Camera Battery Charger? We thoroughly enjoyed our Viking river cruise. A few guests scheduled independent sightseeing tours, and it seemed to work out well for them. Are there tea making facilities in room. I wonder if you have any thoughts on us meeting up with friends from Stuttgart. My husband and I each have a Nook and our own cameras. Serious question..how to get coffee in the morning without getting dressed??? Check with your Viking agent or your travelagent (or your MyVikingJourney online portal if youre already booked on a cruise) to learn the latest protocols aboard the ship and in the countries that youll be visiting. Only a few bucks anyway. But having to pack additional converters or keeping your fingers crossed . River Cruise Basics: Onboard Power Are they like $20 per person or more like $200? Enjoy your cruise! I think it would be a tight schedule if the ship is docked for just a day. By the way, Viking does build in a set amount of gratuities for ship staff (or you can arrange for this on your account before sailing), but you may also want to give a personal cash tip to staff members who are particularly helpful. Follow up with a conversation with the Viking staff when youre onboard to learn the expected times and exact location of the ship while docked. You will receive your final travel documents and Viking luggage tags within three weeks of your trip. Uniworld Boutique River Cruises: 220V power is most common; some ships also have 110V outlets. I also rarely take precious jewelry on any cruise. This was true in Passau, a city of over 50,000, and especially in heavyweights like Vienna and Budapest. Viking Cabins. electrical outlets - River Cruising - Cruise Critic They also are known for providing little touches that many guests appreciate. Super post, Irene. We're on the the Kara in a few weeks and just went through this research. Other European ships have 220V electricity, and have the German Schuko safety plug, which has two pins. Sound like you have a great cruise coming up! That's where you'll need to use your hairstyling tools. Aurum Cables 10-Feet 3 Outlet Extension Cord - two pack. Also, regarding a curling ironI had one and used it and had no problem. Many people prefer to bring their own reliable shampoos/conditioners/toiletries, etc. will visit your room in the morning to clean it. northumberland county council pay bands 2022; sutterhealthorg; Related articles; yanmar 3ym30ae oil capacity; passport cover. Many of us cruise with quite a few battery-powered devices that we want to keep charged, but cruise ship cabins don't have as many outlets as we'd like. All guests left the ship for excursions (the times of the excursions were modified that day so they would all be timed for the same number of hours). COVID Travel Packing List: 6 Essentials For Any Trip. In China the ships . Having said that, I know that Salzburg is lovely and many people enjoy that excursion. There are 110V and 220V electrical outlets in staterooms, so you can plug in whichever fits your needs. So it comes down to how much and what kind of beverages youre likely to consume each day. Viking keeps track of your expenses during the cruise, including bar items, laundry, phone calls, and purchases from the Viking shop (logo wear and souvenirs). Bon voyage! Viking Orion cabins and suites | CruiseMapper So an adapter will be needed on the ship? My #1 tip to people going on their 1st river cruise is laundry is quick & inexpensive dont overpack. There are laundry rooms on the ocean ships and a friend said do NOT think you will do laundry on the days you are sailing everybody has that idea. NW Ohio. who made the move with us. Viking Octantis - Viking Cruises We enjoyed relaxing there and enjoying the sights and sounds of being on the ship. No need to bring any foodstuffs because youll never be hungry. I know other travelers who just get cash out of ATMs while traveling (and Ive done that, too, of course), but I just like beginning the trip with some local cash. The ships are very clean. The dining room has a variety of tables that can seat 6, 8, or 10 people. Sometimes optional excursions sell out, although there are usually some available once youre on the ship. The tips cover all onboard staff. We loved our trip and would recommend it to others. Hi Kathleen, For individual tours and dinner reservations, Id let the provider (tour company, restaurant) know what day youll be coming into port. They say they will be staying til X oclock and then leaving. Posted January 31, 2020 (edited) If you go to the Viking website and look for Viking Tir it'll tell you what is in each cabin type. What common spaces are there on the Viking Mississippi? There are costs associated with the optional tours and they vary, and I suppose that correlates with the costs Viking incurs. Our US-based cell phone service does not work outside of the US. How many outlets are available in the cabin? We're with you. The Quietvox listening devices charger is plugged into a 220 outlet on the counter across from the bed. This is the place to find a variety of coffee and tea plus baked goods to accompany your beverage. 3 day senior cruise - ihlilq.storagebcc.it Viking has thought of that, too. We always travel with a small multi-plug electical cord. Enjoy! Cramming too much in your suitcase increases the odds of incurring additional airline fees for oversized or overweight checked bags. Were celebrating our 50th! Just wondering if there is a regular daily schedule and of course we understand the change caused by water level, weather, etc. To conserve resources, you could easily fill a reusable water bottle from home with water in the rooms. Do viking ocean cruise lines have a hairdresser on board? Also, the ability to book optional excursions varies by the level of the stateroom. As for the specifics about checking in to hotels and then embarkation timing, Id suggest you contact Viking directly (or your travel agent if you used one to book the trip). There outlets will most likely be 220V European style. They may be familiar enough with Vikings schedule to easily accommodate you. In spite of some tweaks, this article will definitely prepare you for your Viking river cruise. Hope you have been able to enjoy more Viking cruises since your original one. Using ATMs machines? And Im so glad I was able to help you prepare for your cruise. I liked the posted copy of the daily news and we had already decided from our ocean experiences to take the drinks package. That makes it handy for your husband to fetch your morning cup! And the small umbrellas! Leave your dressier clothes at home; there are no formal nights on a Viking river cruise. Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary) Its been a seamless process for us, and it functions well although we do incur additional international charges. Otherwise, we had a brand new crew. River traffic varies and the time to pass through the locks can change based on the number of ships, weather, etc. Do cruise ships have electrical outlets? - Quora Hi Robin, you pose a great question, but it isnt easy to answer! bealls online outlet. Unless you are wed to a particular product, there is no need to bring shampoo or conditioner onboard with you. Passengers could disembark and be bussed on an excursion and then afterwards, be bussed to a different location on the river where the water levels are higher. Mamsens is a small Norwegian-style counter tucked in the beautiful Explorers Lounge on Deck 7, serving small plates with dishes like smoked salmon, steak tartare and shrimp salad, and Norwegian waffles. On Carnival's web site, you can see that they specifically note the following. The best description and information about Viking River Cruise, thank you for taking the time to write this information, were very appreciate. We walked from where the ship was docked to the Parliament building for the tour and enjoyed a stroll back to the ship along the river. Accommodating just 82 guests, she offers the ultimate in comfort. There are times when river cruise ships have to have guests disembark a ship and then board a sister ship. I thought formal/dressy was the norm on all cruise ships! On our trip, we met interesting people; visited fascinating places; sampled new foods, wines, and beer; and appreciated the convenience and gracious hospitality offered by Viking. We did not receive any compensation or discounts fromViking or any otherorganization. Whew! 110/220 volt outlets & USB ports. Complete Cruise Ship Plug Socket Guide: Search by Ship Located off the main corridor, the library has books you may borrow while aboard as well as abridged newspapers that are prepared for Viking guests daily. While all Viking Longships are non-smoking on the interior, in staterooms and verandas, for those of you who are cigarette smokers, each ship has an outdoor smoking area, typically on the sun deck. We cant say enough about how well-run and maintained the ships are. fits standard outlets in more than 150 countries. Im with you on how much fun it is to plan trips. Irene. Very relaxing! Staterooms will have one or two 115V . Review of Viking Orion cruise ship cabins and suites, floor plans, photos, room sizes, types, categories, amenities. Viking Longship: What to Expect on a Cruise - Nancy D Brown Viking Cruises begins sailings from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, with the Viking Orion cruise ship on Caribbean and Central America itineraries. Overview. Needless to say, its handy to have small change for tipping. Heavy bags are tricky to manage, too. HELP !! Aside from the new safety protocols Viking has put in place your Complete Guide to a Viking River cruise was thoroughly informative, enjoyed the photos and took many notes while reading. Ever consider a Viking European river cruise? Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary) 55" OLED flat-screen TV featuring CNN, CBC, MBC2, beIN Sports. Although lunch is available in the dining room, we favored the Aquavit Terrace (at the front of the ship) for our midday meal. Leave the soap, body lotion, shower gel and shower cap at home as well. Im glad you found the article helpful. I will add one note that we experienced. On the ship, you only need the ID, which you can tuck into a pocket. Examples were creamy potato soup, Wiener Schnitzel, and Sacher cake when in Vienna; while in Budapest, the menu featured Hungarian Farmer Salad, Fogas Karpathy (perch and shrimp in white wine sauce), and Zserbo (a layered walnut and chocolate cake). rent to own house in quezon city 5k monthly. The Silver Spirits option is offered at a fixed price per guest and spans the entire length of the trip. The cost for the Viking Silver drinks package is $19.95 USD per night per guest. I was really glad I had brought my own shampoo and conditioner. Walking could be on unpaved or uneven surfaces and may involve many steps or steep inclines. Up to you. We opted to book through our travel agent with whom we could meet face-to-face, ask questions, and learn from her knowledge of cruising and different cruise companies. On our walk, we passed the Shoes Along the Danube (very moving) and other interesting sights. Each time you leave the ship, you scan your room key. Have a wonderful cruise, Thomas! Haha. Specifically built to navigate the Nile, she is a state-of-the-art vesseldesigned in the clean, elegant Scandinavian aesthetic for which Viking is known. You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, By O. met interesting people; visited fascinating places; sampled new foods, wines, and beer; and appreciated the convenience and gracious hospitality offered by Viking. Plus you can expect some special cooking and craft demonstrations, wine tastings, and presentations about a destinations special features. We often take a few with us on tours for snacks on the bus. We had to have our luggage packed and placed outside our stateroom door by 7:00 am on the day of the switch. Its something to worry about losing, and fanciful costume jewelry is just as much fun! After the excursions, we all met at a restaurant in Nuremberg for lunch, had a little free time, and then were bussed to the new ship in the late afternoon. The total time on these outings could be 1.5 to 3 hours. Youll find beach towels near the pool areas and also in bins by the security exit before disembarking. Included is a packet of information specific to your ship (including phone numbers on the ship plus embarkation location information) and an itinerary. 8 Ventura plug sockets. Thanks for your tip! Viking Saigon Cruise: Expert Review (2023) - Cruise Critic Hi Pat, Im so glad you found my article helpful! The daily planner for Vienna was the best.one of the stranger transitions from Ocean to River cruising is not having your port times right there on the schedule. Radgrid - A Valkyrie. Viking cruise cabins and suites: A guide to everything you want to know There are several things you wont find on a Viking river cruise, and they are often some of the prime reasons so many people choose Viking. One great thing about Viking is that many times their ships dock right in the towns, so its easy to get off and be on your way to make your own discoveries. Is there a retractable clothes line in the shower to accommodate hanging clothes. The hairdryer is not in the bathroom, but in the bedroom, in a drawer under the counter where the outlets are. ? Also, the onboard staff and the local guides speak English well. Theres a section of the Aquavit Terrace at the very front of the ship thats open to the weather, but theres also an area (just behind it) that can be enclosed with sliding glass doors, so the area can be enjoyed when the weather isnt cooperating. Rosetta. and special treats made nice surprises. We will be traveling on the Viking Ksvair and I am thinking about the number of outlets available for charging devices and would love your input. Perhaps, youll leave your sunglasses or swimsuit at home, or will forget to bring a sweater for chilly evenings. Our next Viking cruise is coming up soon, and I cant wait. I am bringing a few dresses but am also bringing pants and blouses. Here are a few things to think about when considering Vikings Silver Spirits package. Furthermore, this means that you may have to walk through another ship to get to shore or people are walking through your ship to get to and from theirs. Hi Cynthia, I bet youre so excited about your upcoming trip! PROHIBITED ITEMS All firearms (working, nonfiring, replicas, imitations & air/pellet guns) . The down comforter is lovely but too heavy. We had to have our luggage packed and placed outside our stateroom door by 7:00 am on the day of the switch. Hi David, it sounds like youre gearing up for a great adventure! To burn off some of the calories ingested by the delicious food onboard, I walked in the morning around the sun deck track. 110/220 volt outlets & USB ports. Hope your sister finds her Viking river cruise everything she hopes it to be. An easy way to begin a conversation is to ask where people are from, about their past travel experiences, and what excursions interest them the most. The 110V electrical outlets (North American style) are located above the desk and on each side of the bed. Let's look into your options, and briefly cover why power strips aren't allowed. Oh, Im so glad you had a wonderful cruise with amazing service! I love this charger. Hi Deb, youre just a few days away from your journey. Of course, there is a downside to extreme minimalism or sloppy packing. Ever consider a Viking European river cruise? There are also bright red full-size Viking umbrellas to take along on excursions if its raining. If you arrive before your guaranteed time of 3:00 pm, you can spend time in the Lounge or leave your luggage on the ship and begin to explore the city on your own. But I noticed that I had 3 pillows and had to throw the extra one on a chair. If you dont live in the U.S., Im sure other governments have similar programs for travelers. The Silver Spirits package offers unlimited drinks including cocktails, premium wine, and beer. Having said this, there are often opportunities to book optional excursions once you board the ship. This particular power strip is suited to someone wanting both regular 110 power and the option to plug in USB ready items as well. Power strips increasingly also have USB sockets. Hoping you will enjoy your voyage and have good hair days, too! As we arrived at the ship, we were warmly greeted, and we went to our rooms (which were intentionally left unlocked). Life vests were under the beds, but prior to the drill, they were placed on our beds while we were at lunch. Its important to note that when the ship docks somewhere in the morning and you go on an excursion, you sometimes will be brought back to the ship in a different location like another city further down the river. During lunch and dinner, guests are served complimentary soft drinks, beer, or wine. Two additional 42" flat-screen interactive LCD TVs with intuitive remote & complimentary Movies on Demand in suite. Your advice about avoiding the far inland tours is wise, I think. Hope this info helps you a bit! Guests with pre- or post-cruise hotel packages may want to bring converters and/or adapters for their hotel stay. WOW, what a complete piece of well written and informative information we have come across. How many electrical outlets on Viking? - Cruise Critic Community Coffee machine, mini-bar (replenished daily with bottled water, soft drinks . Do we just work with Viking program director on the day of or the day before? Tipping is the universal way to thank someone for providing excellent service and you will find excellent service on Viking. That includes any drinks up to $15 like cocktails, aperitifs, and premium wines by the glass. Id suggest you reference your online itinerary on Vikings site before departure to get a rough idea of when youll be docked in each city. Viking Cruises & Reviews - Global Journeys We took a universal travel adaptor with 4 USB plugs and 4 outlets and used just one outlet for all of our electronics (smartphones, camera, tablet, and Apple Watch). a flat-screen TV with infotainment options. Just be sure to unplug when not in use. . Plus, some travel agents provide onboard credit to cruising clients. I checked the website and all in-room amenities are listed under the name of each ship. There is precise timing to docking and excursions. In the afternoon, we followed up on some of the suggestions the local guide from the morning had regarding how to spend the remainder of the day. What are your thoughts on the Silver Spirits package? We took a universal travel adaptor with 4 USB plugs and 4 outlets and used just one outlet for all of our electronics (smartphones, camera, tablet, and Apple Watch). Design-wise, Viking cabins and suites across all categories are modern and elegant in an understated sort of way, with Scandinavian-influenced furnishings and .
Bat Bus Schedule From Ashmont To Brockton, How To Make Turmeric Eye Drops At Home, Famous Athletes With Marfan Syndrome, Articles V