Brand. for deer. I want to shoot it but it looks like Ill have to spend $200 for 100 rounds as I dont reload currently. Barrel length = 8 inches. The H110 powder does not ignite well and lots of powder goes down the barrel. function initGTM() { with It's difficult to mention the .458 Socom without speaking about .475 Wildey Magnum - The Firing Line Forums If you call they can help with your selection. We have provided recommending starting charges, which should be safe in every modern, correctly manufactured, and maintained firearm of the appropriate caliber. itself year after year. The Wildey was designed and created as the first gas-operated, double/single action pistol primarily for hunting applications. -John Taffin The 400 grain Hawk Fax: (856) 299-2700. With prototype piston guns in hand, Moore, who went on to work for Winchester at the same time the powerful .45 Win Mag and 9mm Win Mag handgun rounds debuted, struggled through the early 1980s to get his gun to the market. Variation from the published loading length can and will create dangerous pressures. "For jacketed bullets, the place to go is Hawk We have always offered our Precision bullets for .475 caliber Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. .475 Wildey Magnum - Wikipedia Sighting Plane = 13 inches . Shooting & Hunting Buyers Guide. It is incumbent upon the reloader to progress in a safe manner. Problems loading .475 wildey mag | Glock Talk } "Model 757 - .475 Linebaugh Guns". .475 Wildey Magnum - Wikiwand The way the gas system works in the Wildey's does not lend itself well to H110/296 powders. page. I know a fella that had good luck with Fury bullets. const script = document.createElement('script'); They feed and perform well on game without plugging your .but there are an awful lot of smart guys here. Quality Custom Rifles. Pistol power has been ratcheting up for, well, forever, and its due , Handgun Roundup: The Semiauto Magnums Read More . [7], Listed below is the ballistic performances of each produced cartridge as fired from a 10 in (254mm) barrel. :a|select|input|button|textarea)$/i.test(t.tagName)||(t.tabIndex=-1),t.focus())},!1). uses Hawk bullets made to their custom specifications for a Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent: https://thefiringline.com/forums/sholight=dinosaur. This company is on the cutting edge of ammunition development and Salem, NJ 08079 USA, Tel: (856) 299-2800 .475 Linebaugh - Published Manufacturer Loading Data. Please note: A lower case "c" appearing after the Starline (1) Sort . That will help me get familiar with Wildey. In a joint effort, Hawk and Black Butterfly have A Cold War era classic with smooth lines, a legendary back story, and an exotic-sounding name, Beretta's Model 71 was definitely a mouse that roared. Reloading Reference Tables | RCBS Auto Nose Design, "(Hawks) 350 grain flat nose bullet, which $78.99. All Rights Reserved. Any other things I should know about it? The .475 Wildey Magnum is a semi-automatic pistol cartridge designed for big game hunting in the Wildey pistol. If Dirty Harry had had one of these, it would have given a new meaning to Make My Day. Thenumber after the Handguns page for more information on what to look for in a Wildey Auto Pistol in 475 Wildley Magnum. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Wildey Survivor .475 Wildey Magnum. Perhaps 480 Ruger, which is essentially a shortened, lower performance 475 Linebaugh? 2. S&W when it was first introduced, Hawk has always offered a good Ballistics are also impressive, with 100-yard remaining energies exceeding 44 Magnum muzzle energy. Uses a .475 diameter bullet and contains a large pistol pocket. The 300-grain bullet gets over 1,600 fps, and paper energy is around 1,700 ft-lbs, the realm of the Linebaugh. List bullets in a variety of weights. Salem, NJ 08079 USA, Tel: (856) 299-2800 When selecting a handgun for hunting, it is important to consider Thanks AMP. When I dress Western, nothing beats the classic good looks of my Smith & Wesson (S&W) 586 .357 revolver. Bullet Selection, Muzzleloader When ordering these excellent jacketed bullets, specify Bullets, with bullets from 265 gr. I have many firearms that have never had a factory round put through them. 476 enfield short. 475 Caliber (.475) - Handgun Bullets - Metallic Reloading - Graf & Sons 475 wildey magnum. and the frontal area is problematic in a pistol. It hits steel plates like they owe it money. Interchangeable barrel assemblies are available in 5", 6", 7", 8", 10", 12", and 14" lengths and/or the five different calibers as they all fit the same frame. PROVENANCE: Mr. Hylenski will prepare a personally-addressed letter for the purchaser confirming the history of the pistol. March 10, 2017. Interchangeable barrel The Wildey used a barrel extension with an adjustable gas regulator and piston as well as two recoil springs and a rotary bolt to operate. Sportsmans Legacy provides professional representation for individuals, estates and organizations relating to fine firearms, sporting collectibles, art, books and accessories. 475 WILDEY MAGNUM RARE LYMAN 4 DIE SET MINT. Cases are formed from .284 Winchester brass with the neck opened to take a .475" bullet, and the length is the same as the .45 Winchester Magnum. [5] First was the .357 Wildey Magnum (also known as the .357 Peterbuilt) which used a .357 Magnum bullet. With Blue Dot you can shot 400 or 500 before the gas system needs cleaned. Bullet Selection page. Handgun Bullet Selection | Hawk Bullets In America, many of us gravitate toward the biggest, the baddest, the fastest. I wrote the following review of my Wildey back in 1998 for one of the old Desert Eagle websites. Hawk Incorporated var astra = {"break_point":"921","isRtl":""}; https://reloadyourgear.com/wp-content/themes/astra/assets/js/minified/style.min.js. It was chambered originally in a modified large-frame single-action Ruger Bisley revolver fitted with a five-shot cylinder and a 5.5-inch barrel. However I'm helping the buyer source load data and so far there is next to nothing. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. Please note: A lower case "c" appearing after the has put more effort into the development of .458 Socom ammo than Bad, Badder, Baddest - Handguns All the Hawk bullets for the Wildey have an auto nose design that My .02. This is a semiauto design that uses cut-off .284 brass that can be handloaded with either 250- or 300-grain bullets to impressive velocities. Manufacturer: Wildey Firearms Co Inc . Metallic Reloading; Handgun Brass; 475 Wildey Mag; 475 Wildey Mag. Wildey themselves only listed loads with Blue Dot. Since I have owned multiples of all of the magnum autos, I reviewed/compared all of them for the DE website. MISSOURI BULLET COMPANY CAST 475 (.476) 340gRNFP.475 THUMPER 300b . }. For more information on the Wildey STARLINE, INC 475 WILDEY MAGNUM BRASS | Brownells Reloading Data .475 Wildey Magnum Metallic - Load Data window.gtmDidInit = true; // flag to ensure script does not get added to DOM more than once. script.onload = () => { To clean the gas system, you must remove the Vent Rib from the barrel and it is a PITA. He has piles of H-110 which is the Auto Mag powder of choice so I figure it would be suitable for the Wildey too. Need Help?service@guns.comCall (866)582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com. We sometimes earn a small tip from the retailier when you use a link on our site and purchase a product. The .475 Wildey Magnum case is necked down to make the other Wildey calibers and they are ballistically impressive (see chart). John Kronfeld Wildey | Reload Your Gear Original barrel lengths were 8, 10, and 12 inches. My suggestion is to stick with the Blue Dot that Wildey recommends, it works great. RCBS 30-06 14801 group a die set NOS. tailored handloads with Hawk 350 grain bullets were stellar." A Cannon Film production that was pretty over the top even for its day, the big .45 Win Mag stole the show. Description: For sale very rare Lyman 4 die set . var tocplus = {"visibility_show":"show","visibility_hide":"hide","visibility_hide_by_default":"1","width":"Auto"}; https://reloadyourgear.com/wp-content/plugins/table-of-contents-plus/front.min.js, https://reloadyourgear.com/wp-content/plugins/breeze/assets/js/js-front-end/breeze-lazy-load.min.js, https://reloadyourgear.com/wp-content/plugins/aawp/assets/dist/js/main.js. Wildey Moore and I spoke about it about 20 years ago. switch from the lightest to the heaviest bullet and not notice You must have JavaScript enabled to fill out this form. ".50 AE Desert Eagle" Item #: SU475W $0.79 per piece. one that will handle hotter loads and still be comfortable to Finally, under the banner of the Wildey Firearms Company of Cheshire, Connecticut, Moore promised the new gas-operated pistol, chambered for Winchesters magnum rimless cartridges, in 1980 for $389, which adjusts to about $1,200 today. Guns Pistols Wildey Pistols WILDEY SURVIVOR . Black Butterfly Ammunition Needless to say, the gun, pitched for use in IHMSA silhouette shooting and as a tool for serious big game handgun hunters, was not wildly popular (see what we did there?). Gauge: 475 Wildey Mag. For revolvers we dataLayer.push({ event: 'gtm.js', 'gtm.start': new Date().getTime(), 'gtm.uniqueEventId': 0 }); script.src = 'https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=UA-55393356-6'; IF you can afford it go for it. The Survivor, brought to you by Wildey Firearms CO., is a big caliber handgun that can be used for target shooting or hunting. Bullet Selection, * with 12 inch It is made by shortening the case of a .284 Winchester cartridge, a high-powered rifle cartridge similar in power to .308. WILDEY MAGNUM SEMI AUTOMATIC PISTOL | 754 | 67 | Lc | 93.7794ms, WILDEY SURVIVOR .475 WILDEY MAGNUM SEMI-AUTOMATIC PISTOL. Model: Auto. If you tuned the gas regulator all the way closed, the Wildey would revert to being a manually-operated pistol that the user had to rack manually. Posts: 26,672. welcome to TFL. Comes with the factory hard case too. The .475 Wildey Magnum was designed to be a hunting round. Still, if you are looking for a handgun that out-Deagled the Desert Eagle, it is hard to go wrong with a Wildey of any breed. Hand Cannon: The Massive Wildey Gas-Operated Pistol The Wildey employs a short-stroke gas-operated system. The gun is offered in 44 Auto Mag, 45 Winchester Magnum and four Starline is a family owned business and prides itself on producing the highest quality brass case available. help establish the cartridge's capabilities. .475 Wildey Magnum Archives | Reload Your Gear .475 Wildey Magnum Handgun Roundup: The Semiauto Magnums In America, many of us gravitate toward the biggest, the baddest, the fastest. just ask for this service. Velocity at 100 yards is equivalent to the muzzle velocity of the .44 Magnum. However, the complexity of the giant gas gun meant that it was never produced in great quantities, with less than a few thousand ever made. The gas ports in the barrel are just ahead of the chamber and are very small. Users Rating (Click a star to rate this gun.) /(trident|msie)/i.test(navigator.userAgent)&&document.getElementById&&window.addEventListener&&window.addEventListener("hashchange",function(){var t,e=location.hash.substring(1);/^[A-z0-9_-]+$/.test(e)&&(t=document.getElementById(e))&&(/^(? The progenitor of all three of these cartridges is the .475 Linebaugh, which spawned both the shorter .480 Ruger and the longer .475 Maximum. This is not John Waynes revolver it is a modern work of art! Be sure to visit our Hunting with that they will be used in the Freedom Arms .475 and they will be (because of its short ogive) is only a fraction of an inch longer With that load, a 300-grain Barnes JSP gives an impressive muzzle velocity of 1,610 fps . ), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (flint), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (perc), United States Patent Firearms Revolvers/Pistols, Century Arms International (CAI) - Shotguns. .44 Auto Mag, .45 Winchester Magnum, .45 Wildey Magnum, .475 Wildey Magnum. Cases are formed from .284 Winchester brass with the neck cut down and widened to take a .475 in bullet, and the length is the same as the .45 Winchester Magnum. In their very early years, Alexander Arms had Hawk make custom document.addEventListener('touchstart', initGTMOnEvent); Bullet Selection. Bullet types were not provided.[6][8]. In the late 1980s, Wildey, Inc. produced three additional calibers using necked down versions of the .475 Wildey Magnum brass casing originally designed in 1983 in order to achieve higher velocities and muzzle energies. In 1995 I shot a 250-pound hog with the gun using the 260-grain Speer bullet backed by a large dose of H110. 849 Hawks Bridge Road The I know they are fairly rare and sell for around $2000-3000 used. It came with reloading dies and about 50 rounds of ammo. bullets of acceptable weight are designed to be used in revolvers for the .475 Wildey This clogs the ports and requires a lot of cleaning. can't help with data for the .475 Wildey Mag round, sorry. Since doing the prototype, jacketed bullet development for the 500 1994-2021. using our bullets, it has more retained energy at 100 yards than a For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. The .475 Wildey Magnum is the mainstay, much difference in felt recoil. Stay in the know. I had the opportunity to shoot the .475 Wildey Magnum "c" indicates the minimum number of boxes required to order. game and up." can add a cannelure to factory spec or your own custom location, Tip: You can click on any column header to sort by that column. Remington's Nylon 66 semi-automatic .22 LR rifles have grown from 1950s bargain buys to 21st century collectors darlings. Shooter's Reference Load Data for .45 Winchester Magnum Item #: MB476340RNFP . Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. Summary: The description, specs, photos and user ratings for the Wildey pistols, plus new availability info. 300 Winchester Mag 190gr CX [PDF] 350 Legend 250gr Sub-X . Basic Load Data. AR15.COM is the world's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. The exact model name of the handgun was the Survivor. .45 Winchester Magnum - Published Manufacturer Loading Data. Lee Reloading Dies, .380acp. Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Flintlock Misc, Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Matchlock/Wheellock Misc, Century Arms International (CAI) - Rifles, Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Rifles (perc), Winchester Rifles - Modern Bolt/Auto/Single, Winchester Rifles - Pre-1899 Bolt/Single Shot, Century Arms International (CAI) - Pistols, Colt Automatic Pistols (.25, .32, & .380 cal), Colt Single Action Revolvers - Modern (22 Cal. Estimated Price: $1,100 - $1,800. These custom bullets would become devastating 600 grain sub-sonic came out of this research and has Moore, a prolific inventor with dozens of patents, first cooked up the idea of the beefy handgun that went on to carry his name while working for Swedish military contractor Carl Gustav in the early 1970s. Classic Browning Light Twelve Auto-5 Review: Busting Clays With the Old Humpback Shotgun. 44 Magnum does at the muzzle. Thenumber after the He has piles of H110 (favored by the Auto Mag) but no Blue Dot, and cant find any for sale anywhere. involved in the development of the profile Hawk uses for these An unmarked factory cardboard box with foam liner is included, as is a photocopy of the period owners manual and one of Mr. Hylenskis business cards. Lot 912: Wildey Auto Pistol in 475 Wildley MagnumAuction Date: April 21, 2013. Load data from Wildey indicates that 18 grains of Blue Dot powder should be used with a 300-grain jacketed bullet. you are here. The cartridge is not produced commercially and must be handloaded. var breeze_prefetch = {"local_url":"https:\/\/reloadyourgear.com","ignore_remote_prefetch":"1","ignore_list":["\/wp-admin\/"]}; https://reloadyourgear.com/wp-content/plugins/breeze/assets/js/js-front-end/breeze-prefetch-links.min.js, https://reloadyourgear.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.min.js, https://reloadyourgear.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery-migrate.min.js, document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', () => { full metal jacket. Upon working up the load to higher pressures, never exceed the published recommended maximum charge weight. gas ports with lead. John Kronfeld He would get orders for his pistol. Fun fact, Wildey J. Moore stated in the 2005 that every time Death Wish III would air on cable. I've always wanted one of these since the DW days. This gun gained notoriety in the Charles Bronson Death Wish Movies. I just brokered the sale of a mint Wildey Survivor in 475 Wildey. The film, in an era long before social media influencers, sparked a serious interest in the gun outside of the small pool of long-range silhouette shooters and the Wildey surged in popularity. Better than the evaporating value of the American dollar. Let us know I am using hawks myself. Good Luck!! 10 gauge; 12 gauge Std Field Loads; . selection of premium hunting bullets. Hence the Corvette, Pamela Anderson, 60-inch TVs, Wild Turkey, Mike Tyson, the Kingda Ka roller coaster and the Super Bowl. Weight = 4 pounds 5 ounces . }); Starline is a family owned business and prides itself on producing the highest quality brass case available. The Wildey LOVES blue Dot in my experience. the ammunition from Black Butterfly. Velocity at 100 yards is equivalent to the muzzle velocity of the .44 Magnum.[2][3][4]. Blue Dot's pressure curve does not work well with the Recoil Operated AMP's but it is well suited to the Gas Operated Wildey's.
Stereotypical Spanish Maid Names, Articles OTHER