Please try again later - we are experiencing technical difficulties. This one is dated 2005. 0 bids. A light wax potting controls runaway feedback without compromising response. They are on MIM HSS guitars usually. I spent some more time with the Shawbucker 1 in my recent acquisition today (set in HSS with Noiseless Gen4s) and I have to say I really do like it. No project is too big or small, so give us a call today and let's talk gear! Current Version (released on the Tele 72 reissues and a few other Fender Guitars) They no longer use CuNiFe magnets, and secondly, they use AlNiCo bar magnets similar to Gibson humbuckers. PICKUPS: Fender V-Mod II Double-Tap humbuckers CONTROLS: Two volume, two tone (each with push-push split-coil function), 3-way selector FACTORY STRINGS: Fender USA 250L .009-.042 EXTRAS: Available in Miami Blue, Mystic Surf Green, and Olympic White (with maple fretboards); 3-Color Sunburst, Dark Night and Mercury (with rosewood fretboards); Vintage Altec - Help Identifying Please!!! Both models are equipped with a Greasebucket tone circuit that maintains gain and clarity when you back down the Tele's master tone or the Strat HSS's bridge tone controls. Some of the add-ons on this site are powered by. Came on a Flame Custom Maple Top HH DCR: 8.4K (sounds like a DH-1) INDUCT: 5.2 Henries, ANICO II. Pickups - Am Elite has N4 noiseless pickups; Am Ultra has "Ultra Noiseless" pickups (I suppose Fender's marketing didn't want to go with "N5" so they gave them a new name); on the HSS models the Am Elite uses a Shawbucker and the Am Ultra uses a "Double Tap" humbucker (not sure if the Double Tap is by Tim Shaw or by another Fender pickup designer) I'd say get the SSS. Experience a killer full-throated sound in humbucking mode and a split single-coil sound that's as articulate as they come with no volume loss between modes. and can vary up to 10% in some cases or even more. DH-1 are Fender rated at 6/4/6 (bass/mid/treble) so they are VERY balanced but slightly scooped. Be the first to know about new products, featured content, exclusive offers and giveaways. The B would mean bridge. There are also 2 versions of this. +1 for a nice balanced HSS set. Then there is the endless debate that the old version is the best and yet they say the new version is better. Other than that, they sound fine if you like the sound of them. The drop sounds natural, a single coil would normally be quieter than a humbucker anyway. Although Fender didnt actually make that many humbuckers they often were just renamed, DH-1 has many different names. . Our expertly trained Sales Engineers are ready to help! Welcome to the forum, Alex. They still can be found occasionally as NOS. Fender still sells these as of May 2020, SHAWBUCKER Elite Stratocaster (not sure which model), Black Cobra 16K typical Likely the same as Atomic. Then there's a coating called plain enamel, which is a more historic coating and that's almost not in use now except at guitar companies. REAL MEASUREMENTS (new page in development). If you DO have a part number it can help you nail it down. If you try to pull off the tape youll also find that its literally GLUED to the wires so you pull that off, and a bunch of windings will be ripped apart. with . or Best Offer. Im not sure these humbuckers changed with the Ultra series. At the time of writing, they have 60 models of humbucker available. Be the first to know about new products, featured content, exclusive offers and giveaways. Also, as others said the Shawbucker isn't really very humbucker-ish at all, so you should either get the HSS and swap the Shawbucker out, or get the SSS. Guitarists at Sweetwater have dialed stunning sonic textures using Fender's Double Tap pickups. See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners! I focused on the the last few decades or so but Im started to expand to include SOME older Fender Humbuckers. The MIJ are bar-magnet AlNiCo ones rather than CuNiFe rod magnet ones like the originals then the give-away is the depth the base is sunk into the casing. As one of the worlds largest Fender dealers, we have countless guitars, basses, amps, effects pedals, and accessories in stock and ready to ship, whenever you need them. Tim Shaw of Fender talks American Professional Pickup Design Strat Talk is the leading online community and marketplace for Stratocaster guitars. Atomic pickups are a GREAT example of heavy use and LOTS of different sku numbers and to make matter even worse they seem to have both a VINTAGE and OVERWOUND version. Aha, that makes sense. Hot Rod Wide? American standards rock and are so easy to play . From building the first mass-produced solidbody electric guitars and basses in the 1950s to creating some of the most influential amplifier designs in history, its no wonder why Fender is one of the biggest names in the business. So, whether youre looking for your first axe or a Custom Shop creation, make sure to give your Sweetwater Sales Engineer a call at (800) 222-4700. An instrument from a controversial period in Fenders history gets a modern-day makeover and we cant get enough of it. And while the wiring was different than the American Standard Shawbucker I found it to be a very clean sounding pickup. From the top the SLUG coil (flat ones) are farthest from the bridge and the adjustable ones closest to the bridge. The maple neck is a four-screw affair finished in Fender's 'Super-Natural' satin and it boasts 22 narrow-tall frets, a rosewood 'board, headstock-end truss-rod access and Micro-Tilt neck angle adjustment. The part code is the SAME code that would be found on a retail package. (Ceramic 8). Double Tap Humbucking Bridge Pickup | Parts - Fender There have 2 flat poles instead of the usual poles and screw poles on the MIM and American Strats Humbuckers. Then when it's split, that coil is un-tapped, so that there is no compromise with either the humbucking or split sound. I'm looking on buying a Fender American Standard, but not sure If I should get the HSS (Shawbucker) or SSS. Free shipping. Chief among the new specs are the addition of push-push tone knobs, which switch in an additional voice on each model. Our expertly trained Sales Engineers are ready to help! Also the four small bobbin screws are a give-away on the originals they are slotted steel/nickel, on the MIJ ones they are cross-head brass. https://shop.fender.com/en-US/parts-tap-humbucking-bridge-pickup/0992280006.html, The unfashionable end of the Western Spiral Arm. Phone Hours | But what Ive found is that there are SO many different Varieties of Fender Humbuckers and they look so similar that its hard to know what model you really have. fender amplifier parts. Sometimes, they never marked them. Identify mark on back is an extra red lead coming out the middle of the back. the American Professional II Telecaster Deluxe naturally bears something of an aesthetic resemblance to the Tele Deluxe of 1972. Fender MIM Stratocaster SSS Loaded Aged perloid Pickgaurd. Beyond that, its light wax potting keeps unwanted feedback to a minimum. Nuno and Extreme return with first single in 15 years, Watch Marty Friedman play with Megadeth again, Rivers Cuomo duets with TikTok guitarist after he plays Weezers Buddy Holly lick 990 days in a row, In praise of the 1984-85 Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC+, the high-gain boutique amp behind rock and metals holy grail tones, Orangewoods first-ever solid parlor and slope shoulder dreadnought models headline classy acoustic guitar collection for 2023, Justin GuitarSlayer Lyons on designing a glow-in-the-dark guitar to bring session players into the limelight and the guitar lesson he learned from Machine Gun Kelly, 5 reasons you're wrong about chorus pedals. Soooone players beautiful tone is anothers noise. Turn your old gear into new gear with the Sweetwater Gear Exchange! Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! I am not particularly fond of that humbucker. Might have ROHS sticker (thats not a good way to identify it), DCR: (Measured on HSH) Bridge 7.7K, Neck 7.6K, Numbers: 97 (on HSS), 276, 278T (HSH) These are verified by myself. The look very similar to the Stratocaster Player Humbucker. It might very well sound pretty anemic if you split it. Good Luck! TWO VERSIONS! When I originally started tracking these I was only including over all look and DCR measurements. Were always getting our hands on their latest creations, and theres nothing we love more than to tell our customers all about them! This website uses cookies to improve your experience. A lot of them have marking(s) in ink on the back but NOT ALL DO. Hand selected from all across the globe, each brings a wealth of experience and expertise in the world of music gear. Sold in a Retail Package. 2023 Bruce Baker Gombrelli. But there is more than 1 model of them but otherwise are the same. Strat Talk is the leading online community and marketplace for Stratocaster guitars. The HSS has a less pushy character than the recently-released SSS, which sounds a little beefier in the lower mids with a little more separation, clarity and percussion. I was impressed by this piece of lateral thinking, and duly purchased one of these pickups. It does lose volume when tapped, at least how I heard it on a lovely ProII HSS. We use three different coatings at Fender. Although apparently designed to complement the bridge pickup, the neck pickup is a different beast and only found on the Telecaster (the bridge pickup is only found on the Stratocaster Performer and Professional series.) Made with premium components in the same factory as our iconic guitars, this drop-in pickguard is easy to install. Designed by pickup guru Tim Shaw, the robust-sounding Double-Tap pickup is a revolutionary breakthrough in humbucking pickup technology. What's your favorite 335 style guitar for under $1000 used. The 59 has a very mid dipped high EQ and neither ones are considered high output. I think the DoubleTap is less midrangey than the Shawbucker, tbh. I was excited to (belatedly) learn about the (fairly) new Fender Double Tap Humbucker pickup. There are two problems with the typical single coil Strat pickup at the bridge pickup IMO that make it an uphill battle to sound good: a) no tone control in stock wiring; b) angled so the pickup is closer to the bridge for the high strings, making them even more ice-picky. I have a new HSS Strat from the Professional II line with the Double Tap and I'm genuinely impressed at how good it sounds in single coil mode. No Hassle Return Policy. Get back to making music with the industry's fastest turnaround time. 006-3265-000 DH-1 Black Bridge005-3689-000, DH-1 Humbucking Bridge Pickup, Chrome Cover005-4036-000,DH-1 Humbucking Bridge Pickup,Aged White. You must log in or register to reply here. Sweetwater's 2-year Total Confidence Coverage Warranty gives you extra peace of mind at no extra cost. Thanks a lot guy. JavaScript is disabled. On the other hand, I don't play the bridge pickup that often so a bucker would be fine. What are you waiting for? The LOGO slightly thicker than any logo in the past. In this chassis and with this wiring configuration, the V-Mod II Double Tap pickups have unbridled potential and its easy to imagine this guitar becoming someones number-one electric. NAMING: Fender went BONKERS on rebadging the DH-1, so youll see it called Diamondback and Atomic also (there are more than 1 model of Atomic). I'm re-doing the electronics in a fender Stratocaster to double fender DoubleTap humbuckers. Loaded into bridge position, it's a worthy upgrade to any humbucker-equipped guitar. Please check back later or close this window and click the "NOTIFY ME WHEN AVAILABLE" button to receive an email when this item is back in stock. I always replace the bridge pup with a Rails humbucker anyway. We'd love to save your interests, but first we need to know who you are! You are using an out of date browser. Fender American Professional II Strat Guitar V-Mod Single Coil PICKUP, USA Mid. Not much info. Try Searching a different location below or contact fender customer service at 800-856-9801. As I understand, one coil is wound to full single coil spec, and it is tapped when the pickup is in humbucking mode. There's what's called polysol, which is a modern coating that's quite thin. Try for yourself and let your ears decide. Yes, please have a dealer in my area contact me using the information I have submitted. Thank you for reading 5 articles this month*, US pricing $3.99 per month or $39.00 per year, UK pricing 2.99 per month or 29.00 per year, Europe pricing 3.49 per month or 34.00 per year, *Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription. Fender recently recreated the Seth Lover-designed Wide Range pickups with CuNiFe magnets for its American Original vintage reissues. The configuration includes ONE volume pot and ONE tone. If you BREAK the little wires going to the posts by putting clips on them on the pickup body, or resoldering them the pickup is likely toast unless you plan to rewind it. Please check back later or close this window and click the "NOTIFY ME WHEN AVAILABLE" button to receive an email when this item is back in stock. I figured most players could get a meter and get DCR values, but to be more correct and to help identify I am also adding Inductance measurements. Customize your tone with the Pre-Wired Stratocaster pickguards. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Were always getting our hands on their latest creations, and theres nothing we love more than to tell our customers all about them! Fender Player Series Pickups. Fender's Double Tap Humbucker is a revolutionary breakthrough in humbucking pickup technology. Brand new American Strat, volume not working. Double-Tap Humbucking Pickup Wiring Diagram. Decent pickups actually. But that's my personal choice. So they are so lax in their naming, same bucker, different name. Bath Experience a killer full-throated sound in humbucking mode and a split single-coil sound that's as articulate as they come with no volume loss between modes. does the MIA Standard Shawbucker split the pickup in the bridge/middle position? How to Identify: The easiest way to identify these is what guitar did they come out of, what did they measure, and what is the number and what is the inductance. One at the neck and one at the bridge. Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. N = Neck, B = Bridge. To learn more about our cookie policy, please visit our Privacy Policy. The maple neck, too, while marginally deeper, feels as if it has a squarer shoulder (much like the . Next page. At Fender gave us the shawbucker, the v-mods with mixed Alnico magnet pole pieces, and now "revoiced" and modded-hot Vintera pickups. Humbucker models, meanwhile, utilize Fenders smart Double Tap format which retains volume when coil-splitting via the push-push tone knob but upgraded to V-Mod II specs. Fender's Double Tap Humbucker is a revolutionary breakthrough in humbucking pickup technology. Fender Shawbucker Pickup - Aged White - Free Shipping! The Shawbucker is quite compressed, that's about the only way to describe it for me. Sweetwater's Sales Engineers have the experience to help! The part code that is important is the 5 digit code in the middle and often the last 2 or 3 digits can be found in black marker on the back of the pickup. In his free time, you'll find him making progressive instrumental rock under the nom de plume Maebe (opens in new tab). In an impressive range, this is the most inspiring new model so far. A WORD on part numbers: Usually fender has a long part number, the zeros in the front and end mean nothing. Sweetwater's Sales Engineers have the experience to help! I then measured the overwound single coil and was surprised to discover that instead of 8 k ohms (as one might naively expect) it in fact measured 4.4 k ohms! Dual Tap Humbuckers have posts that go into the pickup bobbin and tape around them windings glued. the American Professional II Telecaster Deluxe naturally bears something of an aesthetic resemblance to the Tele Deluxe of 1972. This is one of the newer ones designed by Tim Shaw. I dont even know what this means. All online dealers listed here will have the specified product in stock, ready for purchase. The pickups in our review guitar look similar but are actually V-Mod II Double Tap units, sized like regular PAF-style humbuckers and wired here with single-coil voices available via individual push/push tone controls. This one measures 8.5K or about the same as a Diamondback. Experience a killer full-throated sound in humbucking mode and a split single-coil sound that's as articulate as they come with no volume loss between modes. One other note: Sometimes Fender or players have referred to the DH-1 as a ATOMIC! Very common, Used in Teles, Jaquars, Pawn Shop Deluxes and a few Strats. All rights reserved. ATOMIC Numbered 326 Bridge Atomic numbering 326 is used on 2010-2015 American Deluxe Stratocasters with N3 Noiseless pickups. Mike is Editor-in-Chief of GuitarWorld.com, in addition to being an offset fiend and recovering pedal addict. Or why not treat yourself? This is a retail Vintage package. $65.00. Humbucking Bridge Pickup with Alnico IV Magnets - Black, Fender Double Tap Bridge Humbucker Pickup - Black, Thank you for your request. A special alnico 4 magnet creates an expressive, well-defined voice thats highly musical and dynamic. Wiring: Black (Ground), Green (Split) send to ground for a split, Blue is the full Humbucker. There are also a BOAT load of clones out there for this one. Get Directions | Learn More. Either sss or humbucker will be damn fine guitars . (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. So having the humbucker at 90 degrees gives you the added benefit of not having this unhelpful pickup angle. NUMBERS: 0053717 (Bridge), 65288 (Tornado Bridge), 53691, 53689 (others). The typical measurement is 8.4K 8.7K (I know for sure because Ive verified with measurements). These pages are a labor of love for sure! DESIGN Goal: The Atomic Humbucker or DH-1 was intended to kick up the mids in the bridge position. Please click below to login. Tone ratings: Neck: 8/4/6 Bridge: 6/4/6 ). Aug 26, 2022 #1 I have an Ash body American Ultra HSS. Finally the number on the bottoms often doesnt match the SKU number. The original also appears to have BRAIDED wire. fender shawbucker 2. fender wide range humbucker. )the S-1 switch to activate 5 additional wiring settings (or maybe it was 4 additional settings), 2014-2016: American Standard HH Strat when Fender changed from the American Series to the 2008 version of the American Standard they dropped the HH model. All online dealers listed here will have the specified product in stock, ready for purchase. This is featured in the Ultra HSS Stratocaster. Before installing this in a guitar, I decided to measure the DC resistance. There have been quite a few other manufacturers like Seymour Duncan that have jumped into the pile and started producing these CuNiFe pickups which, btw, dont scale well in mass production so its a good nitch market. Try Searching a different location below or contact fender customer service at 800-856-9801. I understand that my information will be shared with the dealer and may be used by the dealer to facilitate this contact. I really appreciate your help. Guitarists at Sweetwater have dialed stunning sonic textures using Fender's Double Tap pickups. Can anyone tell me how the Double tap compares to the Shawbucker 1? They typically have a BLUE (Neck) or BLACK plastic lead, Blues are typically the lower value. Fender used this name for 2 distinctively different versions of this pickup. Do not fork out a ton of money for them! The number that is molded into the plastic is a BOBBIN NUMBER and is used over and over in different pickups. INSTALLATION TIP: They are usually installed with the Fender Logo oriented so you can read it from the bridge. So Fender not sells both versions of the Ultra Noiseless pickups as a 3 single coils set. Vibrant new finishes, V-Mod II pickups, pine bodies and fresh switching options headline new features.
Crx Required Proof Missing, Rivals For Catan Era Of Gold Rules, Masha Odessa Catacombs Photo, Articles F