2 Mark 1 revolver was developed at the Royal Small . such a low number. markiemark; 2 mo ago; 3. Along with the manufacturers name both the date of manufacture and the type and mark of the rifle is also shown. Markings are: England, BNP 38-767, 3 1/2 tons, F2B, ESC 199. good idea, I will have. But then I was about the only officer in the Battery who had any interest in small arms. After the First World War, it was decided by the British Government that a smaller and lighter .38 calibre (9.2mm) sidearm firing a long, heavy 200 grain (13 g) soft lead bullet would be preferable to the large Webley service revolvers using the .455 (11.6mm) round. About Us Contact Us My Account. Enfield No. 2 Mk 1** Revolver | Oklahoma Shooters Factory warranties may apply in some cases. Why I say the British almost got my sixgun right is its little .38 cartridge. The .476 calibre Enfield Mk I and Mk II revolvers were the official sidearm of both the British Army and the North-West Mounted Police, as well as being issued to many other Colonial units throughout . Enfield #4 - Lee-Enfield - Bolt Action - Rifles - APEX Gun Parts This is the only Enfield I have. Webley Mark 1 (Straight grip) 1924-1935. This double-action only revolver has matching numbers on the frame, cylinder, and barrel with the metal retaining about 98-99% of a wartime phosphate finish having a noticeable turn-ring around . 3 - Run the file: enfield. A .455 Webley Mark VI - 1918 - Northeastshooters.com Forums Just got interested in the older guns a couple of years ago when I got the 1873 from my grandfather. The wood grips show handling wear but no cracks or chips. There were three main variants of the Enfield No2 MkI revolver. Enfield No. 2 MK1 .38 S&W caliber revolver for sale. Buymilsurp.com Enfield No2 MK1** .38 Revolver Mfr by Albion - INFO ONLY NOT FOR SALE P17-10 Enfield No2 MK1** .38 Revolver Mfr by Albion Date Acquired: Caliber: .38 Purchase Price: Finish: Blued Bore Condition: VG-EXC Barrel Length: 5" Stock Condition: G-VG some mars Type: Revolver Metal Condition: EXCELLENT Serial #: C25XX Markings: Top of barrel CAL-38, Right side above grips Albion No2 . No5 rifles (Jungle Carbines) serial numbers consisted of a sequential 4 digit number starting with 0001 running through to 9999, the numbers were preceded by a letter prefix. "A Tale of Two Collectables". Legacy Collectibles strives to provide quality investment-grade military collectibles to an appreciative public. I also have a S&W Bodyguard in 38 special+ P. Sorry . The Enfield No.2 Mk I was designed for use with the Cartridge S.A. Ball Revolver .380 inch Mk. 1932 Enfield No.2 Mk.1 - a lucky find - Milsurps The vast majority of Enfield No 2 revolvers were made by RSAF (Royal Small Arms Factory) Enfield, but wartime necessities meant that numbers were produced elsewhere. Enfield No.2 Revolver. Enfield No. and at right is a British military load named the .380 Revolver Mk II. Market monitoring: Enfield No2 MK 1 Revolver Thanks form being patient with me, the enfield rookie I am! SOLD - Factory Chrome Walther PPK - Rare. Photographer (Major) W.G. But the persistent zero problem became an annoyance. Following my local gun show today, I am now a proud owner of a gorgeous No.4 Mk.1 rifle. Seen in the picture above are the places where the serial number and manufacturer can be found. References and literature. Serial Number: Class: Curio & Relic Handgun. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. We specialize in all military surplus weapons from AK-47s, AR-15s, Mausers, CETME, Enfields, UZIs, and much more! Download URL for automatic installation. Enfield No. 2 - Military Factory Basic Enfield Identification and the Facts about Serial Numbers - Milsurps what kind of SAA? . http://www.enfieldcollector.com/serials.html. [2] NWMP Commissioner Acheson G. Irvine ordered 200 Mark IIs in 1882,[4] priced at C$15.75 each,[5] which were shipped by London's Montgomery and Workman in November that year, arriving in December. Bore is very good. 4 Mark I rifle was adopted on Nov. 15, 1939. The used value of an ENFIELD NO2 MK 1 pistol has fallen $0.00 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $460.64 . Enfield (Also See SMLE) Revolvers No2 MKI. During the time of the MLM and MLE rifles (commonly called the "Long Lees") there were also carbine . (I) Giveaway ends March 20, 2022. The frame, cylinder and barrel all match with a D prefix serial number. British Revolvers > WW2 Weapons Associated taxes and fees will be the responsibility of the winner. by bambach. I have no clue. I too was lucky enough to find a largely unused No.2, https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=34897, https://www.milsurps.com/images/impofield1XL-1.jpg, https://www.milsurps.com/images/impofield7X2-1.jpg, https://www.milsurps.com/images/impofield3X3-1.jpg, https://www.milsurps.com/images/imponfield2L-1.jpg, https://www.milsurps.com/images/imponfield4L-1.jpg, https://www.milsurps.com/images/impofield5XL-1.jpg, https://www.milsurps.com/images/imponfield6L-1.jpg. The world's most powerful firearm database. The Enfield No. The spurless DAO hammers were required by Tank Corps command to avoid snagging the hammers on tank internals. I am trying to find out what year this was made. So called Tanker Model first produced during WW2. Researching an unusual Enfield No.2 MK1* - The Firearms Forum Best guess is it was re-worked when taken in by the police force but of unknown country. We offer a 7 day inspection period and hassle free returns to ensure every customer is happy with whatever they buy from us. Vintage Gun Review: Savage Enfield No.4 MK1* OOO! ENFIELD NO 2 MK 1 - D32020 - Simpson Ltd While the rest of the world was moving on to semi-automatic pistols, the British continued to embrace the rugged dependability of the revolver when it came time to replace the venerable .455 Webley. Here's a rough yearly range, as normal, there are some guns where the date marking on the frame is earlier or later than the inspector date on the barrel. Didn't mean to Hijack Rebelpan's thread. Contest open to U.S. residents only. Field dismounting of the Enfield No 2 revolver. Ammo: As a result of the British military looking for a lighter replacement for the .455 Webley, they settled on the .38 Smith and Wesson chambering. SMLE rifle manufacturers were given no serial ranges to begin or end production with, so it is possible that two rifles may exist with the same serial number produced at different factories. Enfield No. 2 - Wikipedia Product Description. you can get the place of original mfgr , as to deployment there are a few markings put on in service that sometimes help but mostly not . No substitutions or transfers to a third party are allowed. Additionally, in keeping with the revolver's purpose as a close-range weapon, the handgrips, now made of plastic, were redesigned to improve grip when used in rapid double-action fire; the new handgrip design was given the designation MkII. Here are photos of mine. 1927, TR 1 & 3 (Peter knows No. 2 MK1 .38 S&W caliber revolver. About 55,000 MkIs were made, and an unknown number were converted to MkI* during factory repair, as required by the change order that created the MkI*. This gun is chambered in 38 S&W. This gun is in good condition overall with some signs of wear. 2, when produced, would definitely have been fitted a spur hammer and be dual action. Weaman Street . Enfield No.2 Mk1 - For Sale :: Guns.com In the case of Savage Stevens the serial numbers began with a 0C1 and for Long Branch 0L1, these serials progressed in sequence directly relating the serial number to the number of rifles produced. 2 the British government purchased a large number of the Webley Mk IV for issue. I have a No4 MkI cruciform bayonet made by Singer Sewing Machine. Approximately 97% original finish. The machinery was sold to India, where the 7.62x51mm 'Ishapore' Lee-Enfields were later manufactured. Very few HAC revolvers are known to exist, and it is thought by many collectors that most of the HAC revolvers may have been destroyed in the various Australian Gun Amnesties and "Buy-Backs". Employees and agents of Publishers Development Corp. are not eligible. The finish is worn in the areas around the serial numbers as a result. Thanks, I can see my webley mk iv .38 serial number in the 108,000 range was made in 1943, according to their parameters for that number range. A variant the No2 Mk I* is double action only because it was issued to tank crewmen who didnt want hammer spurs hanging up in emergencies such as bailing out of their burning Sherman after tangling with a German Tiger. This rifle retained most of the overall design feature of the earlier model, including the 30 barrel length. ARTIKELBESCHREIBUNG Hersteller: Enfield Modell: NO2 MK1 Seriennummer: D976 Kaliber: 38 S&W Lauf: Leichte Narben sonst spiegelblank Lauflnge: 5 Zoll . (I) Giveaway ends May 31, 2023. Skip to the beginning of the images gallery, 73 Plank Ave Paoli, Add to My Saved Parts. Codes and Marks: Government Marks - Enfield-Stuff Dating your rifle - British barrel marking date codes Guns, Parts and Accessories Quick Shopper, WTS/WTB/WTT (Want to Sell, Buy or Trade) Forum, Appraisals, Fakery, Dispute Resolution & Mediation Forum. No3 Mk2 numbers 1 - 7899. The Enfield Revolver was a self-extracting British handgun designed and manufactured at the government-owned Royal Small Arms Factory in Enfield, initially in the .476 calibre (actually 11.6mm).[1]. The Enfield Mk I/Mk II had a hinged frame, and when the barrel was unlatched, the cylinder would move forward, operating the extraction system and allowing the spent cartridges to simply fall out. Contest void where prohibited by law. First off, the Brits loaded it with 200-gr. This is not to say that Enfield serial numbers provide no information or that they are not an interesting subject. (II) Limit one entry per household. No3 Mk1 numbers 50800 - 88683. Its attached to a period British issue belt. [11], Webley sued the British Government for 2,250, being "costs involved in the research and design" of the revolver. Rear sight is a large blade with square notch as part of the break-open lever. The .476 calibre Enfield Mk I and Mk II revolvers were the official sidearm of both the British Army and the North-West Mounted Police, as well as being issued to many other Colonial units throughout the British Empire. M. Do you have a Webley revolver with the mark Commonwealth Bank on the barrel. This translates to reduced ease of firing and decreased accuracy, and generally the troops didnt like the change. Almost Right: The Enfield NO. 2 MK 1 .38 - American Handgunner This material was extracted from official papers. The Lee Enfield Model Line - LERAA ENFIELD #2 MK. Process Manuals & Technical Drawings for Manufacture of .38 Enfield No.2 Mk2 . [5] By using a long, heavy, round-nosed lead bullet in a .38 calibre cartridge, it was found that the bullet, being minimally stabilised for its weight and calibre, tended to 'keyhole' or tumble longitudinally when striking an object, theoretically increasing wounding and stopping ability of human targets at short ranges. One example will suffice. What should I mark down for insurance value? All matching serial numbers, original bluing, original grips (without the chip!) [6][7] At the time, the .38 calibre Smith & Wesson cartridge with 200-grain (13g) lead bullet, known as the .38/200, was also a popular cartridge in civilian and police use (in the US, the .38/200 or 380/200 was known as the ".38 Super Police" load). WWII 1943 Enfield No4 Mk1 T Sniper Correct *Matching Numbers* .303 There were more than 317,000 Mk I MLE rifles produced and nearly 600,000 Mk I* MLE rifles. There is a cleaning rod pocket inside the holster. The usual suggestion is to look for what is the selling price on gun-broker & take the average of sold ones on there for "fair market value". Serial Numbers, Model, Mark and Manufacture Identification, Serial Number and Manufacturer Information Locations. The demand of new ENFIELD NO 2 MK I pistol's has risen 1 units over the past 12 months. For those out there that want to get deeper into the serial number issues I would suggest purchasing either Skip Strattons or Ian Skennertons books. Better yet, Starline makes .38 S&W brass and Lymans bullet mold #358430 is nominally for a 195-gr. SOLD Handgun Caliber:.38 S&W (.38 Colt New Police, .38 Super Police) Manufacturer: Albion Motors Limited (Scotland) Model: Enfield No.2 Mk.1* Service Revolver Serial Number: A1470 Barrel Length: 5 . During WWII Webley would produce the Mk IV for the British government to make up for shortages of Enfields. I enjoy shooting my No.2 Mk1. Enfield No2 - hogislandgunparts.com The loss of its original single-action operation and thumb-cocking facility made for an inaccurate weapon to fire and the trigger required a . HLebooks.com, November 2018. mauser 1939. ISHAPORE NO 2 MK I* DA .38 CAL ENFIELD REVOLVER | Ishapore Model No 2 Mk 1* .38 caliber double action Enfield revolver. 293K. However; instead of the expected plastic grips, mine been supplied with wooden grips. High-quality swords, dating from the Roman Empire of almost 2000 years ago, have been found with factory stamps. This thing has horrible trigger pull. The term "Enfield Revolver" is not applied to Webley Mk VI revolvers built by RSAF Enfield between 1923 and 1926. The muzzle end of the rib ends in an integral ramp into which various heights of sight blades can be affixed for zeroing elevation. 11 d ago. It has matching numbers throughout, but appears all serial numbers were re-worked and also stamped with a 'CPJ' marking, though we could not find the significance of this marking through research. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if needed) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. Serial Numbers, Model, Mark and Manufacture Identification. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. I also have a No7MkI/L Land Service swiveling pommel blade bayonet intended for the MkV submachine gun but will also fit the No4Mk1 Enfield. . Certain serial number prefixes were reserved for trial rifles and specific rifle types. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. It just reminded me that I still have other stuff in the safe. [1][2] While the .455 had proven to be an effective weapon for stopping enemy soldiers, the recoil of the .455 cartridge complicated marksmanship training. called Colt New Police. Enfield 303 10Rd Gun Magazine . With a history and tradition of fine gun making behind them, the Manurhin series of Revolvers is truly world-class. Exploded View: Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk I - An Official Journal Of The NRA Enfield NO2 MK1* - British Militaria Forums i think you have a great piece , and as modified its a great example of one that went through the changes , i think you need one like grants to go with it . Through our YouTube channel, we strive to educate and share the stories behind the artifacts we sell. Mechanically very good. Well, they usually dont get things right. I am trying to find out what year this was made. Weapons of the British Commonwealth | Gunboards Forums 656. [13] The new cartridge was accepted into Commonwealth Service as "Cartridge, Pistol, .380 Mk IIz", firing a 178 - 180 grain (11.7 g) full metal jacket round-nose bullet. The first was the MkI which had a full-spur hammer and was double-action/single-action, meaning the shooter could either thumb-cock the hammer before pulling the trigger or could pull the trigger with the hammer uncocked; some shooters preferred the latter option as the trigger pull is much lighter with the hammer cocked. Webley Mk "VI" serial numbers - Weapons/Accessories - HMVF 3/23/22 - This is an Enfield No2 Mk1* revolver from 1957. [2] There are more but again I would suggest reading either Skip Strattons or Ian Skennertons books on the subject. THIS IS THE RAREST OF THE BRITISH MAKERS AND THEY ARE HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER AND SELDOM SEEN. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. Ive made up a few of these with 159 grain bullets and 2.2 grains of Hercules, with so-so results. Gun Genius. Sometimes my impetuous nature gets me into trouble at gun shows when I quickly buy something catching my attention without proper consideration. Maybe I will phone some gun shops and see if I can get someone who has a guesstimate. NO 2 MK1* ENFIELD w/pics - British Militaria Forums The most common of these were: XP was used for the Shortened and Lightened Australian Lithgow (No6 Jungle Carbine) rifles, A was used for No1 MkVI trail rifles, BS was used on the British No7 small bore rifles, and T1 for the No5 small bore rifles. Search store . These prefixes can be used to authenticate these rifles if found in a gun shop or personal collection. Triple K Manufacturing Co. 2222 Commercial Street San Diego, CA 92113 Description. 1943 Enfield No4 Mk1 T Sniper.303 British Rifle Serial Number: H35570 Holland & Holland Sniper Conversion . Fortapache, you are right that the Enfield No2 was not among the most popular handguns of WWII, but it did meet the requirements set by the British military establishment. Purchase A PDF Download Of The American Handgunner Magazine Nov/Dec 2017 Issue Now! Required fields are marked *. [6] They replaced the Adams. Enfield No. 2 Mk1* This Ole Gun Episode 07 - YouTube (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if needed) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. This weapon was manufactured at the Royal Small Arms Factory at Enfield in 1934. Deployed military should use stateside address. WWII British Enfield Revolver | Collectors Weekly Weight fully loaded with sling was eight pounds even and overall length a handy 39.5 inches. By way of compensation, however, the Royal Commission on Awards to Inventors awarded Webley & Scott 1,250.[12]. Toggle mobile menu. May also be used with Browning High Power and Colt 1911 Pistols. It carries all the little British proof marks they customarily scratch up guns with and best of all, is stamped R.A.F. It has a smooth hammer, DAO. IN 95% CONDTION, ALL MATCHING OF COURSE, WE HAVE A VERY RARE MAKER ALBION MOTORS SCOTLAND MADE 1942 BRITISH WW2 NO2 MK1** ENFIELD REVOLVER. Thats the Enfield No. Associated taxes and fees will be the responsibility of the winner. 2 MkI could be used far more effectively than the bulkier and heavier .455 calibre Webley revolvers that had been issued during World War I. Minimum price for the offer must be greater than 0% of the Product. At first in wood and later made from bakelite, these are the grips which we typically see on the Enfield Revolvers. Seller: Valley Gun Works Valley Gun Works. 2 revolvers remained in service until well into the 80's. Posted: 5/8/2014 7:50:27 AM EST. 2 revolvers saw widespread service with British and Commonwealth forces throughout World War 2 (1939-1945) though it was not as highly valued as other sidearms of the conflict were. Which S&W? Again Big B, you have a very collectable and sought after rifle and in pristine condition would fetch a handsome sum of money. Will have to keep looking for more Enfields, they are nice guns.. The Enfield No. "Enfield no 2 revolver explained". 2 was a British top-break revolver using the .38 S&W round manufactured from 1930 to 1957. I thought the spur less mn1* didn't start until 1938. The lanyard ring is still present and has British proof stamps all over the revolver. This revolver is in good condition considering its age. So while the two models look alike they are very . Obscure Object Of Desire: 1954 Irish Contract Lee-Enfield Mk2 Rifle Those sights beat anything on American fighting handguns of the same era. The Manurhin MR73 is one of the most elite combat [], Be the first to review Enfield No.2 MK1* .38 S&W. Looking for info on Enfield no2 mk1*. The plastic grips were thought an improvement at the time. My Enfield was a gift from my ex-wife. Download URL for manual installation. All guns have a story to tell, some are just more interesting than others. With these modifications the revolver was designated the Enfield No. mayralphie; Jun 26, 2009; 31 32 33. The Enfield-designed pistol was quickly accepted under the designation "Revolver, No 2 Mk I" (single/double action, with a hammer spur), and was adopted in 1931,[9] followed in 1938 by the Mk I* (lightened trigger pull, spurless hammer, double-action only),[10] and finally the Mk I** (simplified for wartime production) in 1942. 2 Mk1* RevolverDated "43" on the barrel. Removing the hammer spur meant the revolver could not be cocked to fire single action (pull the hammer back, then pull the trigger to fire) but could only be fired double action (pull the trigger only).
Vehicle Registration Fee Calculator Denver Colorado, Articles E