How do I get to Yosemite using public transportation? Lodges Along Tioga Road. I have a reservation for (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Per the description of the "Custom Camping - Family Tent" we will receive a queen and two twin "foam mattresses" to sleep on. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. The Junior Ranger program might be fun for your age kids. The beds I recall are rustic. Overall, I enjoyed the natural landscape of the park but was extremely disappointed with the overall experience. This will actually be our "comfort" portion of the trip as far as sleeping goes since half the trip we will be backpacking. This is sort of glamping but in a very basic form. Stoneman Meadow: Ditching, roads, and informal trails would remain in Stoneman meadow. Housekeeping Camp features sandy beaches for swi. $10.00 cancellation fee for cancellations made 7 or more days prior to arrival. That being said, any notable differences between Housekeeping Camp and Curry Village? The beds I recall are rustic. Wood fires are only allowed from 5:00 pm to 10:00pm. This will actually be our "comfort" portion of the trip as far as sleeping goes since half the trip we will be backpacking. If you are a person who came to Yosemite to hike or backpack, tent camp so you can cook food and not adhere to the ridiculous store hours. My boyfriend and I stayed in an unheated cabin in Curry Village for 2 nights. Yes you can cook on the fire rings. If you really plan to hang out and cook at your cabin, though, Housekeeping is by far the better option. Its not for people looking for a clean hotel room with a door to shut. Perched alongside the Merced River in the middle of the Valley, the camp features three-sided concrete structures with canvas roofs and privacy curtains. All guests are expected to be respectful of their fellow campers and abide by these hours. I have been a Park Ranger for almost 20 years and can't wait to share with you National Park Travel Tips, Recipes, and so much more! Browse all 20,125 Yosemite National Park topics , http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g61000-i315-k2868476-We_re_back_5_nights_at_Housekeeping_Camp-Yosemite_National_Park_California.html. Best things to do in Yosemite - All the epic sites, hikes and things to do you don't want to miss within this great park. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-23461241', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Housekeeping Camp is exactly like camping except you have a roof and are off the floor. http://www.yosemitehikes.com/glacier-point-road/sentinel-dome/sentinel-dome.htm, In the Valley, you can hike/walk to Vernal Fall, to Nevada Fall for more of a challenge, or to Lower Yosemite Fall. Which airport is best for a Yosemite vacation? I think your family will enjoy even the simple pleasures of climbing on the rocks or wading in the river, right there where you are staying. "Showers will be available only at Curry Village beginning March 18, 2022. Enjoy the digital detox! I would like to take route 49 south like I did last year, but I think last year I might have ended up on route 120 into the park? I just haven't been able to find much information on the bed situation in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The number of cars per campsite:Two motorized vehicles per campsite. Otherwise, 10 days to receive 100% of first night if paid by check or money order. The information for the "Custom Camping - Family Tent" was for Evergreen Lodge, not (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? No stress setting up a tent, you just pull up and unload into your covered patio. Yosemite Valley Lodge. For 1 night, I'd stick with (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? To me, the units in Housekeeping are so close together and non-private that it feels more crowded. What is a good route to travel to Yosemite from Las Vegas? Seems extremely gimmicky to me: remove the only free option to get around the park and force people who are already hiking all day to walk between trailheads or overpay for bikes that arent even worth their rental price. Youll find the shower house near the registration office and store, which has restrooms and shower facilities with soap and towels. (Within the hours of 5pm and 10pm per regulations anyway?). This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. Cv has pillows and sheets for mattresses. If you opt for Housekeeping reserve a river-side unit. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If you are looking for a camping experience Housekeeping is fine, if not, just know what you are getting with the tent cabins and if you can do the hard sided cabins, that's the way to go. Internet access provided to only guests staying at the hotel. We go to Housekeeping, but we generally stay for 4 nights and spend a bunch of time hanging out by the river and relaxing. Curry Village tent cabins? Read more about Yosemite's Housekeeping Cabins. HKC is more pleasant experience IMO if you don't mind bringing your own sheets. Because we are just over a week out from our trip and near the cancellation period I just saw availability for a RIverside unit at Housekeeping Camp. Get inspired with tips about where to go and what to see on your national park vacation, delivered right to your inbox. There is one light in the sleeping area and one light in the patio area. Free self parking and a free area shuttle are also provided. Housekeeping Camp. Set in Yosemite National Park, Housekeeping Camp Yosemite National Park is a five-minute walk from the LeConte Memorial Lodge and offers a swimming pool. Ahwahnee? This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. Curry always seems too crowded to me. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. 13 replies; Curry Village vs. Housekeeping Camp 5 replies; Where to stop between Yosemite and San Francisco? This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. You honestly get to enjoy unmatched views of Yosemite from the moment you wake up in the morning. But the fun of cooking outdoors (is it clean? I just said last night that I'd take (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-55039440', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');car camp and sleep in our truck at one of the Pines but visit another family who loves HKC when we do family trips. Housekeeping Camp is located on Southside Drive before you reach Curry Village. You can rent bikes. Plan Your Trip. The riverside units are great - but the entire campground wants to use that same stretch of beach and they do. Alternatively, you may use, Yosemite National Park Hotels and Places to Stay. 9010 Curry Village Drive, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389-9907. I guess the beds are better than I remember but probably dirtier than Curry since it is more exposed. With only 1 night though, you'll hardly be in camp at all. Re: Curry Village vs. Housekeeping Camp: Beds. Any suggestions? http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g61000-d248049-Reviews-Housekeeping_Camp-Yosemite_National_Park_California.html. Courtesy of Yosemites Scenic Wonders Vacation Rentals. I went ahead and booked it. Answered: I'm looking for some help with our route in May between Sacramento to Yosemite. read over the post that PNW mentions. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-55039178', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Housekeeping Camp. Thanks - thats very helpful, the housekeeping camp does sound like fun and in a lovely setting. Maybe, It will depend on your carrier. (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Proper food storage is ESSENTIAL because bears do like to hit up HK for improperly stored food. Up Tioga Road east of the Yosemite Valley and away from the majority of the crowds, this area sits more than 8,700 feet above sea level. Curry Village, Yosemite Valley - Find the best deal at HotelsCombined. You can also get your laundry done at Housekeeping Camp. I was apparently confused and looking at two different websites for two different things previously. Those housekeeping cabins are the last vestige of what used to be the archetypal American vacation: camping. No estimated reopening date. Lastly, no shuttles due to COVID (despite every city in CA running full public transport). I was wondering if anyone had experience with both of these beds for a comparison. The riverside units are great - but the entire campground wants to use that same stretch of beach and they do. As you can tell, staying in Housekeeping really is a camping experience; you just don't have to bring the tent and will be on a platform. 4. Where do we stayInside the park or outside the park? There are roofs and privacy curtains. Read about pets in Yosemite, 2022 Season: April 8, 2022 - October 11, 2022, Close to restroom with wheelchair accessible toilet, Paved walkways for path of travel to parking and restroom, Flashlight or LED headlamp and extra batteries, Extra layers including a rain jacket and heavyweight fleeceeven in the summer, Shower shoes for the public community showers and walks to the restroom at night, Closeable plastic food containers to store in the locker, Sleeping bag to stay cozy on the coolest nights, A book, magazine or fully charged e-reader, Ear plugs for additional sleeping support, Hiking shoes and outdoor gear appropriate for whatever activities youll be doing. Showers:Shower house is open from 7:00 am - 10:00 pm. Def. Answered: Driving from lake tahoe NV to yosemite in May. Choose between staying in one of 46 cabins with private baths, 14 cabins that share a bath house, 403 canvas tent cabins or 18 standard hotel rooms at Curry Village. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. Compare all the top travel sites at once. Plan Your Trip. Youll find bear-proof storage lockers throughout Yosemite National Park, which must be used to store all scented items. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g61000-d248049-Reviews-Housekeeping_Camp-Yosemite_National_Park_California.html. Units can accommodate up to six guests with the addition of two cots. At HKC, the double beds have a metal bedframe with a rather thick, hard mattress on top - definitely a lot more than a foam camping pad. 1. In essence: all food and strong smelling products (toiletries . Lines for registration are extremely long; we spent about an hour in line. In my experience, the online reservation system is more than frustrating. I'd still vote for the hard-sided cabins, but then that's our preferencce nowadays. Cars used for food storage may be impounded. Where are the Yosemite National Park traveler articles? What might be happening in 2022 and beyond? If you love camping outdoors you will love the sights and sounds of Housekeeping Camp. Curry village I saw pictures and we're all more than fine with that sleeping arrangement. Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently. Earplugs for additional sleeping support. It's a great deal of fun if you like hanging out near the river, though. They are ok, not lux, but more substantial than sleeping pads. Is wifi available? Housekeeping Camp is dirty because you are basically camping. Read on to find the Yosemite lodging that best suits your needs. You can rent Bed Packs for $10.00 at Housekeeping Camp when you arrive. I went ahead and booked it so that I can decide which to stay for July 18th for 3 people. How should I book my stay inside Yosemite? Reply. 372-0200. We loved the time we spent there but we knew what we were getting and wanted a camping experience. Because we are just over a week out from our trip and near the cancellation period I just saw availability for a RIverside unit at Housekeeping Camp. The area is fairly level, there are no cliffs or obvious hazards. Bathrooms can be far and you can't cook. Where to stop between Yosemite and San Francisco? I just said last night that I'd take (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? But we as we wont have a car we are unable to take the usual. Laundry:Open seven days a week from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, the laundry room features coin-operatedwashers and dryers. Curry Village features standard hotel rooms, wood cabins and canvas tent cabin accommodations. Raccoons End Cabin at the Redwoods in Yosemite. Curry Village tent cabins in Yosemite National Park, The pool at the Wawona Hotel in Yosemite National Park. A deposit of 100% of the first night at the time of booking if paid by credit or debit card. Oh my. Away from the hustle and bustle of the Yosemite Valley, the Wawona Hotel is your classic historic national park hotel. Reservations are needed at all campgrounds in the Yosemite Valley and most campgrounds throughout the park. Motel style rooms that come with or without en suite bathrooms and tent cabins that come with or without heating. One after returning from breakfast and one at 10pm leaving the cabin to go to the bathroom. (Within the hours of 5pm and 10pm per regulations anyway?). Outside the park there are options in Fish Camp, Evergreen, or Midpines. Here is a trip review from someone else who stayed at HC: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g61000-i315-k2868476-We_re_back_5_nights_at_Housekeeping_Camp-Yosemite_National_Park_California.html. To me, the units in Housekeeping are so close together and non-private that it feels more crowded. How do I get to Yosemite using public transportation? Each Housekeeping Camp unit features two electrical outlets, one inside the sleeping area and one outside. Have fun! The riverside units are great - but the entire campground wants to use that same stretch of beach and they do. How Far Ahead can you make a reservation? FAQs. Answer 1 of 3: We are going to be staying in Yosemite Valley for 3 nights in September (7th) - the only affordable options still available are Curry Village or Housekeeping Camp. Complimentary WiFi is available at Degnan's Kitchen (bandwidth is limited). Tuolumne Meadows Campground - Yosemite National Park, Things to do in Petrified Forest National Park. It also provides a 24-hour reception . ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-27223093', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Curry Village previously booked for one night. Visit hotel website. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. It is slightly more likely that Glacier Point road will be open, and if it is, I recommend the Sentinel Dome hike. Answer 1 of 13: I've only been planning this trip since December (so I'm late I know) but I've been reading lots of reviews - so thank you! Trip Preparation. Youll have an alpine experience, staying cooler than those sleeping in the valley below. Housekeeping Camp is an interesting place. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. Plus, to make Housekeeping comfortable, you've got to have quite a bit of gear with you. I was wondering if anyone had experience with both of these beds for a comparison. Everything tastes better. Bear Box in site/area? Review. Share. White Wolf Lodge. Hyatt Place New Taipei City Xinzhuang. Both places have noise issues as the accommodations are close to each other and there are no walls to filter out the sound. Answer 1 of 8: Can you advise as to whether or not there is a more suitable option to curry camp or housekeeping camp. Reservations canceled within 7 days of arrival will forfeit the deposit paid. Beneath the grandeur of Glacier Point, Curry Village is known for the same warm, hospitable feeling that was instilled by its founders, David and Jennie Curry in 1899. This includes bear-resistant coolers/ice chests. (Yosemite National Park hotels, Housekeeping Camp and Curry Village only) Campground Reservations: 877-444-6777 ( International callers: 518-885-3639) Yosemite Main Number. Food is not permitted in the Curry cabins but you may bring food to the provided lockers at Housekeeping. Yosemite National Park. We are looking to stay in either Curry village or Housekeeping camp in a tent or cabin. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. The WiFi is only recommended for checking email or some (very) light web browsing. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-55037503', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Housekeeping camp. Create a personalized feed and bookmark your favorites. Alternatively, you may use, Yosemite National Park Hotels and Places to Stay, http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g61000-i315-k2868476-We_re_back_5_nights_at_Housekeeping_Camp-Yosemite_National_Park_California.html. 2022 Season: April 8, 2022 - October 11, 2022. (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? To keep it at 50% capacity. Although Curry Village is the largest facility, it is often the first location to sell out due to its affordable prices and central . Recommended Activities in Current Snow Conditions? The village's nearly 500 rooms range from thin-walled cabins to unwalled tent cabins. (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Tucked in a wilderness setting off the junction of Wawona Road and Glacier Point Road in Yosemite National Park are a collection of private homes, condos and cabins available to rent for even the budget-conscious. 7. What would you recommend? The bunks are metal with springs and thinner mattresses, about half as thick as on the double beds. I find the valley itself too much nowadays. They are ok, not lux, but more substantial than sleeping pads. Reservations are available 366 days in advance and are strongly recommended, especially from spring through fall and during holidays. Are campground Reservations Available? Unsubscribe anytime by clicking the link at the bottom of your email. Housekeeping Camp. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-27227404', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Curry Village over Housekeeping any day but if you have your cooking stuff with you, Housekeeping would be very convenient (I don't know that I'd feel comfortable leaving my stove out on the table while I left for the day, though, be sure to put it in the tent, there are some posts here and on other forums about this issue). They're all in the very high country (over 9,000 . The riverside units are great - but the entire campground wants to use that same stretch of beach and they do. we are only expecting basic accommodation so not expecting much from either. We kindly as all visitors to be mindful of their noise levelas respect for their neighbors in Housekeeping Camp and the surrounding wildlife. With many pet-friendly accommodations, The Redwoods in Yosemite offers you log-cabins and roomy homes to rent. We usually (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-27226518', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Curry Village seems so large that I wondered if I would get the same outdoors feel as in a smaller accomodation so that is why I'm torn. Re: Curry Village vs. Housekeeping Camp: Beds. The Housekeeping Camp features three-sided concrete structures and a canvas flap at the front. Quiet Hours are 10:00 pm to 6:00 am, seven days a week. Numerous dining options and activities are available at Curry Village. They are ok, not lux, but more substantial than sleeping pads. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-27223093', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Curry Village previously booked for one night. Cooking inside or outside of the cabins is strictly prohibited. I have a reservation for (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-27224384', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Curry Village. Theres 241 remodeled traditional rooms, plus four Family Rooms. Lodging Reservations : 559-252-4848. You can buy firewood at the Housekeeping Camp Registration Office. The One Subscription to Fuel All Your Adventures. I would love to get some comments on which lodging is nicer, not necessarily more luxurious because we are fine with camping at a regular campsite, just couldn't find availability this soon. The last 3 times I've been we only backpack so we arrive, grab our permit, spend the night at backpackers camp, leave the crowds for 4-5 days, come back to another night at backpackers camp and bolt. Nearby sandy beaches are perfect for relaxing in the sun by the river. RV & Campgrounds. I have to say that kids like camping around kids. Is lodging in the valley really that bad? I stayed here once and would never ever again. . Bleach wipes to wipe down cooking areas and remove all food and scents. Cancellation Policy:$10.00 cancellation fee for cancellations made 7 or more days prior to arrival. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. Report Save Follow. There wasn't garbage strewn around or anything, it's just that it's really like living in an outdoor hut, everything isn't going to be immaculate, there'll be some dust, an occasional spider, etc. 9010 Curry Village Drive, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389-9907. Here is the TA review page for HKC including photos. Perfect for those who love camping outdoors but don't want the hassle of setting up a tent, Housekeeping Camp is a Yosemite favorite. 4. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Think sticks, leaves and dust, not grime and gunk. Do you stay in the heart of all the action in the Yosemite Valley or leave the crowds behind and settle into quieter areas of the park? Please note that sleeping in vehicles including RVs is prohibited throughout the property. Help with what to see in two days at Yosemite, Yosemite Lodge vs. Curry Village cabins with bath, The Lodge? I feel like I need to repeat mentioning that this is not fancy and you will want to be prepared to be outside. No bathroom of course. It sounds like good news for you. Places to Go: http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/placestogo.htm, Early June is the transistion time for road openings. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Read about pets in Yosemitehere. As for cleanliness, well, it's camping. You can cook outdoors and will be in the midst of a natural setting. What can I do in fall, winter, or spring? 1 (844) 939-1369. Bring your sheets or sleeping bag and pillow for HKC. The pack includes two blankets, two sheets and two pillows. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. Visitors also can stay at Stoneman Cottage that has 18 motel rooms. Seeing as cooking and campfires are allowed in housekeeping I think it's a better option for my group (4 adult males: 2 fathers 64, 50ish, 2 sons both 26). ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-55037503', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Housekeeping camp.
Semi Pro Football Leagues In Alabama, Qualities Of A Good Investigative Journalist, Where Is David Knotek Now, One Missed Call 2 Ending Explained, Articles C