All manufactured using advanced CNC technology for the extreme durability and precision required of the modern canted valve Ford Small Block at power levels around the 1000 mark reached during recent competitions at the EMC and at the strip. We also added an Edelbrock Performer RPM dual-plane intake and a set of 158-inch headers with no mufflers. United Engine and Machine sells cheap but decent pistons that will do what you're wanting. I bought a crate 302 from Downs Ford a few years ago that was producing 320 hp. Vehicle: 1972 2 door 302 maverick, 1986 5.0 stang gt convertible,66 mustang coupe, HEMI ram. Common sense would suggest that with the heavy lifting complete and the old cam removed, by not installing the new roller lifters along with the camshaft could be asking for the possibility of trouble just a few thousand miles down the road. With. They are more expensive than standard head gaskets, but they also do the job and are worth the additional money. Scorpion 1.6 roller rockers. 302 GT40 Dyno Results - FourEyedPride.com These heads have been remanufactured using refaced reclaimed Factory Valves. This is a common mistake with first-time cam buyers who dont necessarily appreciate that the cam is just one component of the overall engine package. Ive bought wrecking yard SBFs and put 20 lbs of boost to them and spin them to 7000 and made 500 HP with several of them. A good port job can set you back another $500-$1,000. You'll also have to use your 289 timing chain cover since it has a hole for the oil dip stick and fuel pump. The reason for this is that we're actually replacing mildly worked E7TE heads. As with all head installations, check piston-to-valve clearance before final startup. I would like to know what heads, cam and intake manifold combination to use for the most HP I can squeeze out of that motor. Hey all, I'm working on building a 302 with my gt40p heads. Application Fits 1979-95 Mustang 302/351 w/ OEM Small Block Ford Heads I must agree with Jeff Smith. Different years can have different combustion chamber sizes but ffor the most part there will be no performance increases by going with 302 heads. Dyno results GT40P heads | Vintage Mustang Forums Speedmaster PCE281.2046 Small Block Ford Aluminum Cylinder Heads 62cc You will have to get special headers to fit these heads since the spark plugs are angled differently than normal 5.0 heads. I'll prob take a trip up there this weekend after scavenging the junkyards, thanks a million. K.S. I was looking at putting on the GT40P heads on. Very true about finding them at the local yards. Just got through porting one of my gt40p heads today. If I remember right, non of the GT40P's (later models) had the thermactor smog provisions. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. Runs well. I am very happy too. These cast piston short-blocks are not quite as good as the forged piston 5.0L that came in Fox-body Mustangs, but the GT40P heads flow much better than earlier 5.0L heads. 1983 Mustang G.T. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. thats after 3 hours of idling/midrange hits to tune the idle and part throttle . Gt40p heads - FourEyedPride.com Just put some 1.7 pedistal rocker arm on along with a mild camshaft (make sure to use the correct valve springs), you will make over 300 flywheel hp. We heated the bottle to 950 psi and hit the button at 4,500 rpm. Building a 302-inch small-block to produce 400 hp is really no big deal, but doing. Max hp out of gt 40 heads | Mustang Evolution Forum The only way to really make more power is to go with a stroker kit, blower and/or heads. any input is apprecciated:smartass: Thank you for the info, if all I have to worry about is the plugs then I'm in good shape hahaha. These timeslips are from 1280' above sea level. Many years ago, a friend bought a used 2001 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0L that was equipped with a set of really decent GT40P style iron heads. Headers and a camshaft will help but the engine really needs aftermarket 3/8 inch connecting rod bolts and aftermarket cylinder heads. The engine never huffed oil out of the breathers, and the spark plugs all looked excellent. In order to make Coyote-type power you will need some expensive, high-flow cylinder heads with a short block that can withstand spinning in excess of 6,500 rpm. Well that article just got me very ancy, I want these heads!! Dec 8, 2011. Always the weak area in the 289 and 302 is the tiny 5/16 inch connecting rod bolts and the miniscule intake and exhaust ports. I got lucky and found a complete Explorer GT40P engine online. Features hardened 4140 Chromoly retainers, valve locks, spring shims, a spring height gauge, valve seals, and instructions. Over $2050 for the 165/185 renegades. GT40 Heads On A 289? | Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum The entire front accessory drive and timing chain cover must be removed, along with the distributor and intake manifold. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Definitely going to use my P heads. Central Coast Mustang sells GT-40P heads at a great price, making them a viable alternative in a market flooded with performance head choices. 69.90.139.244 These are some of the pictures I have showing the Explorer manifolds. Sure, you could race-port the existing E7 castings, which many have done, but then you're putting quite a bit of change into stock heads. Perhaps even more surprising was how well this engine idled, calmly purring with 16 inches of manifold vacuum at 980 rpm. Seriously though if you're not planning on an all-out attack for HP, I'd consider a forged piston out of Probe's SRS line-up. 87-93-95 Ford Mustang GT40P Engine Cylinder Heads REBUILT 302 351 GT40 SBF OEM | eBay Motors, Parts & Accessories, Car & Truck Parts & Accessories | eBay! The heads also required some machine work, including screw-in studs, guideplates, and widening the spring pockets for bigger valvesprings. Ive been building ENGINES for 40+ years. JavaScript is disabled. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a2e2d95dedea1e4 Well assume it is a 5.0L with stock heads. The GT40P heads flow a lot better than stock 351 heads. 1.7 shaft rockers and beehives. Your IP: We decided to test both ideas, so we ordered two roller cams from Lunati: a shorter-duration cam that would deliver decent idle vacuum and maybe make around 320 to 335 hp, and a longer-duration version that might push the horsepower up to perhaps 350 hp. The newer camshaft is designed for use with a soft bronze distributor gear, not the hardened steel gear used for older camshafts. fordfan289, Aug 27, 2011 Small Block V8 (221, 260, 289, 5.0/302, 5.8/351W) - anyone have experience with GT40P heads on a 92 351W - ive got a 92 F250 with a 351W that needs a pretty serious rebuild. A COMP hydraulic roller cam we found works well with this combination. Where they differ is the combustion chamber size. K.S. In order to make Coyote-type power you will need some expensive, high-flow cylinder heads with a short block that can withstand spinning in excess of 6,500 rpm. They fill that spot between power and budget. Late-model ford GT40 and GT40P heads with 1.84-inch intake valves will also flow 185 cfm at 0.50 . This time around, we chose a shining example of this junkyard art form. REMANUFACTURED FORD 302 5.0 COBRA GT40 CYLINDER HEADS | What's New Its funny no one mentioned anything about ignition timing or components, Your email address will not be published. Most of them are aware of what changes need to be completed. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153, http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/, ascMcLaren & Motorsport/Grand Prix IV Capris, RHD and Other International/Export Models, Mods, Maintenance & Mechanical FAQs/Archive, If this is your first visit, be sure to Motor is going into a Ranger. Generally expect with a good cam, intake, roller rockers and a good ignition system to see around 300-350 max rear wheel horsepower, depending on what type of dyno you use. I'm wondering how these heads will interact with the paxton 1220 sl supercharger I'm trying to put on. Click to reveal Gt40/gt40p Heads On A 351w Questions - StangNet Assorted screwdrivers, pliers and vise-grips. We set the timing to 34 degrees and rejetted the carburetor to get our desired 12.5:1 air/fuel ratio. Calculated compression to 9.8:1. There are a lot of variables that must be addressed to give a better estimate, but a good basic estimate is 20-40 HP at the crank. Even with relatively small valve sizes of 1.85-inch intake and 1.46-inch exhaust, the P-heads flow much better than previous. You could run a thinner head gasket as well. P-heads have a smaller combustion chamber at 59cc, which will bump the compression ratio up on an otherwise-stock 5.0 engine. Cant wait to try um out. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. The GT40P heads flow a lot better than stock 351 heads. The MPH was there to run a little better but the local track is about terrible. Mac and Ford Motorsport both make a GT40P spacific header. For real performance, stock E7TE heads leave a lot to be desired. Add 40 to 70 HP to your 302 yourself - Factory Five Racing Forum You will have to address the 50 oz balance of the 5.0 engine by getting a 50 oz flywheel. This is what I recommend to everyone who is doing a budget 5.0 build. Buy the lifters for peace of mind now and hopefully for the duration. If you have a early 351W ie pre 76 it probably . SBF FORD Aluminum Cylinder Heads 302 /351w 190cc 62cc 2.02 /1.60 For ROLLER CAM. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for FORD GT40p 4 BAR HEADS IN GOOD CONDITION w/ONE BOLT BROKEN at the best online prices at eBay! There are literally a dozen or so camshaft companies that offer a mild hydraulic roller cam for a 5.0L Ford. I turned it because it was tired when I got it. Because its all been done time after time after. A forum community dedicated to vintage Ford Mustang owners and enthusiasts. What you are trying to do is to increase the amount of airflow through the engine in order to make more power. Would have liked to see a comparison done on the same short block using a set of decently-ported early non-Thermactor iron heads Tracy Blackford, 65 Mustang FB, 331 built with 289 H beam rods and 383W piston, 282S cam, self ported '70 351w heads, Dougs Tri-Y headers. FORD GT40p 4 BAR HEADS IN GOOD CONDITION w/ONE BOLT BROKEN I'm new and I'm currently building a 302 on a budget and want to raise compression without milling heads but by pistons and I want to get close to 10:1. Going from your heads to the GT40p heads will bump your compression by about a point.so hello bottom end torque. If they are cheap enough, take them anyway. I'd much rather be able to drive it at 8 or 9/10s of what it can handle. JEGS High Performance. gt40p headers | Maverick/Comet Forums There are caveats to this plan, however. Test 2: Changed to the smaller of the two Lunati camshaftsno other changes. And agree the cams do help and a few tricks with the heads that I have discovered really make a difference. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. The SUV indicated barely 120,000 on the clock, and after yanking the valve covers to judge the engine's condition, Tim Moore instantly made the decision to do the boneyard version of a smash-and-grab. Those are really good numbers. Ported Hurricane Single Plane and custom 750 HP. It's a classic move we've pulled off many times. Then why did you port the heads and how do you know if you made an improvement. (Please note these are not GT40P Explorer heads). They almost seem like flywheel numbers rather than RWHP numbers. Come join the discussion about restoration, modifications, NOS parts, troubleshooting, VIN codes, and more! I view the GT40P heads similar to Granada brakes. I think one of the finer traits of a true car guy, is the patience to put a prized car away and just let it sit for a while rather than selling it when life gets in the way. Be careful, I was once bitten by one of those reptile engine builders. The results were a major increase in power throughout the entire rev range, with an increase of 60hp at 4500rpm through to a peak of 279hp at 5800rpm. You can have your current 28 oz rebalanced to 50. Ford GT40P 302 5.0L 4 Bar Cylinder Head Assembly Pair w/ 1/2" Head Bolt Hole. Thank You. It took him and yours truly eight hours from start to finish, using air tools and a lift to gain access to the header flanges. Actually the regular gt40's in either aluminum or iron are the good ones but the gt40p's are only a slight improvement over regular 302 heads. What did the heads flow? Compare. GT40P heads, 302 and Victor Jr. intake: - Factory Five Racing Forum Along with the heads, we used MAC headers for GT-40P heads. You can have your current 28 oz rebalanced to 50. I guess I had it backwards, sorry about that, didn't mean to spread misinformation. If you dont feel comfortable doing this higher a pro. We turned to Rare Auto Design in Orlando for dyno tests to find out how much horsepower we gained. The tube headers showed a gain of almost 100 hp! Both swaps made more sense when parts were readily available at the bone yard for cheap. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. This is a function of the somewhat wider lobe-separation angle of 112 degrees. We need a build on a 400+ hp 302/6 build. SB Ford GT40P Drop In Valve Springs Kit, Hyd Roller w/ Stock Cam, .450" lift and below. Thanks. bmcdaniel, Feb 17, 2004 #7. v8maverick Member. Go for it if you get them super cheap and can get headers/manifolds super cheap as well but otherwise I'd say it's a waste of time and money. GT40P Heads how much hp from them. - StangNet Obviously, tuneups will vary. I am working on a set of iron GT40s hoping it goes faster. Ford GT40P 302 5.0L 4 Bar Cylinder Head Assembly Pair w/ 1/2" Head Bolt Hole. SBF engines are modified constantly. Can anyone give me a little feedback about a '99 Explorer 5.0, and tell me if it's my answer. At 4,300 rpm, the torque peaked at 348 lb-ft, a solid 20-lb-ft improvement, and the Lunati continued to outperform the stock cam all the way through with a peak horsepower increase of 60 hp at 354 hp at 5,700 rpm! 68 XR7 & 68 M-100. The 302 uses smaller 7/16" head bolts and your "P" heads may or may not require the step washers. You didnt mention what camshaft you would be choosing or exactly which 5.0L Ford Windsor engine you are working with. If there isnt room without disassembling half the front clip on the car, then it might be easier to remove the engine and do the conversion that way. Beyond the engine's amazingly good appearance, Moore had a couple of good reasons for choosing this engine. I am sure you have increased the bore size and possibly even the stroke a bit and spin it up pretty high in the RPM range.
Air Fryer Rotating Basket Recipes, Los Banos News Shooting Today, River Cam, Gloucestershire Fishing, Secondary Containment Requirements Osha, Articles OTHER