Add your egg white, milk and mix until a smooth batter remains. And for more protein-packed goodies, try my Protein Baked Oats for One or my Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie! In a microwave safe large mug or cereal bowl whisk together milk, egg and vanilla until blended. Mix all of the selected ingredients in a large mug. That's what I share here, and I hope I can make your baking life a little easier along the way. Make sure you are using an oven-safe mug or ramekin. PS - this is so much better topped with Walden Farms Sugar-free Pancake Syrup . In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and maple syrup. THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS THAT I MAKE A SMALL COMMISSION OFF ITEMS YOU PURCHASE AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. You don't want to dry it out and it will continue to cook and set as it cools. My name is Arman Liew, and Im stoked to have you here! I'm an ADHD coach & wellness expert with a mind that runs faster than a quick-dry nail polish. Recommended brand is sold out. Type your question or comment below, and tap "Post Comment". Tasty and healthy! Healthy Recipes, Nutrition Myth Busting, Healthy Eating Tips, Last Updated May 22, 2021. Here are the steps for this recipe: Whisk together dry ingredients in your mug. I believe in the importance of honoring your cravings, but I also like prioritizing snacks or desserts that are satiating both physically and emotionally. Add in peanut butter and milk - little at a time - and mix. Use at least a 12-ounce mug (which is the standard size anyway) if you dont want to deal with this issue. All rights reserved. YES, also email me a FREE printable keto food list! A quick note on the vegan option- It will not puff up as much and will be moist in the center. 3 Ingredient Chocolate Protein Mug Cake - One Clever Chef Im Chene (kinda rhymes with today) and I love all types of baking! Add the water, syrup and vanilla and stir well until . Easy Funnel Cake Recipe - The Big Man's World This easy protein mug cake with no flour and no banana is a simple, protein-packed dessert or post-workout snack thats ready in 2 minutes! Stir in cocoa powder and sweetener, if using. This mug cake is healthier than most, since it uses a clean, neutral source of protein and cuts out white flour and sugar. Well, I dont really like ice cream by itself, to be honest. Egg- I use one regular egg, or sometimes just egg whites, but flax egg can also be used to make it vegan. Baking healthy treats with protein powder can be finicky, but if you follow a few simple rules, it's not that hard to figure out. Spray a mug/ramekin with non-stick spray. For me, this might look like choosing a higher-protein dessert that keeps me full! Buy I do really appreciate a good vanilla. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Get The Best Protein Powder For This Recipe Here, Keto Peanut Butter Protein Cookies Recipe, Healthy Protein Donuts Recipe (Double Chocolate), No oven needed (but theres an oven option if you want it! Mix everything together until the chunks are gone. A super fluffy and moist vanilla mug cake made with protein powder and is low carb- Its also ready in under a minute! Microwave for about 1 minute, Check to see if the mug cake is fully baked. Instructions. ), Sign up to save your favorite recipes and articles for free! Protein Mug Cake - Easy, Protein-Packed Recipe Ready in Minutes This can be made vegan just omit the egg and use vegan protein powder instead. Does anybody have a recommendation on other brands that have a clean taste? You can also use oil spray! Flour- I use coconut flour for this, but most flours should be okay. You can put it back in for another 10 seconds, until just the top still looks a little wet in the middle. I tried this mug cake out with several blends of protein powder and these were the best-. Start this one by adding right into your mug 40 grams of Greek yogurt, 40 grams of unsweetened apple sauce, 30 grams of almond flour (whole wheat pastry flour works great too), 1 scoop of protein power, 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum, 2 ounces of milk, milk substitute, or coffee, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. The extra bit of protein even makes it a pretty good post-workout snack! It smelled SO good and wow, it did NOT disappoint . Unlike traditional mug cakes, protein mug cakes are super low carb, packed with protein and usually are made without flour or sugar. Jump to recipeThis 5-minute chocolate protein mug cake recipe comes out moist, rich, and chocolaty -- all with 36 grams of protein and 2 grams net carbs. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Or you could try my banana carrot muffins, that are loaded with fruit and veggies. I can't believe that it only takes 60 seconds! Fluffy and super quick, this Vegan Protein Mug Cake uses plant based protein powder for a supercharged breakfast or dessert. Casein protein powder is also keto, low carb and sugar free. Votre lien pour l impression ne semble pas fonctionner. Your email address will not be published. Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. For this recipe, I used Nicole Wilkins nPower Protein, Vanilla Cupcake flavored whey protein as she has done a great job making a very clean (and tasty) protein, but I also love Trutien and Designer Whey. Hi Cristina! It's a simple sweet dessert that's healthy and nutritious! Lakanto power sugar. So fun! Its the perfect individual size & so gooey! I hope you saved me one . Its loaded with protein powder to make a great post-workout snack. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Please DO NOT use any whey based protein powder, as it doesnt lend itself well to baking, and requires very little liquid. Use whatever you like or have on hand. Here youll find lots of healthy recipes, tips for feeding your family and kids, and nutrition myths debunked! Share a review or comment below to tell me how it goes, Your email address will not be published. Cook Time: 1 min. Note that the longer you microwave the mug cake, the denser it will be. Abbeys Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program. 3 Minute Protein Mug Cake Recipe - Bake Me Some Sugar Yes! BOD vs BODi - What's the difference + $$? Here you will find simple, healthy dishes made with whole food ingredients, as well as gluten-free, low carb meals -- all with 10 ingredients or less. Continue microwaving in 15 second increments until mug cake is fully cooked and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Melt butter in a mug or medium ramekin. Add chocolate protein, flour, baking powder and salt and stir well. It's gluten-free, vegetarian, and high protein. A Protein Mug Cake is a single-serving cake made in under 5 minutes using a microwave. I just love it! In a microwave-safe coffee mug (minimum size 1 cup/250ml), whisk together the dry ingredients: oat flour, protein powder, sweetener, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Always speak to a health care provider about your unique needs. Although Im curious what type of protein powder you use that yours only came out to 8g of protein, esp with an egg too. Not only is it sugar-free, it's also high in protein, so you'll stay satisfied for hours after enjoying it! Used self-rising flour and therefore omitted baking powder. Your email address will not be published. Wow! You can also sub in alternative sugars. Three ingredient protein mug cake - microwave recipe! In a mixing bowl, combine egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond milk. I love this quick little protein cake! Dude, I am all about the vanilla. Crazy but I don't have a microwave but I wish I had one just for this mug cake! Protein Mug Cake Recipe - 60 Seconds in the Microwave This is such a delicious quick snack after my workout. I love the idea of adding protein powder to this delicious mug cake. Pour the cake batter into a large oven-safe mug or baking dish. Make sure there is about 2-3 inches of room above the batter so that the cake can expand in the microwave. Learn how your comment data is processed. I speriously enjoyed this!! Came out dried like the desert Didnt miss one thing What is the problem? Leave a comment below or click on the Instagram icon to share a picture of your creation! I recommend baking at 350F for about 12 minutes in the air fryer and 20 minutes in the oven. Copyright 2021 Chene Today, LLC. Tried it with different protein powders, baking time and liquid amounts. Protein Powder to make this protein mug cake high in protein, we sneak in some vanilla protein powder to really boost up the satiety factor. Are those safer and healthier for me to use as a substitute and would it still likely work? So as a dietitian mama, I wanted to put a healthy spin on one of my long-time favs by creating this protein mug cake! Copyright Abbey's Kitchen 2023 ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT Privacy Policy All Rights Reserved. Cheers! If you find yourself looking for some other healthier recipes you should also try my chocolate peanut butter protein shake. Doesnt have that eggy Paleo texture most baked goods have that Ive tried. Add protein powder, cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt and mix again until no large clumps are left. I used an 8-ounce mug because I wanted the cake to rise over the top, but know that this does run some risk of the batter boiling over occasionally. Thank you! Keto Protein Powder Mug Cake Recipe | In Just 2 Minutes The ultimate 1 Minute Protein Brownie- The Big Man's World In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and maple syrup. Single serve desserts are truly a god send when I just NEED something sweet after dinner. I wouldnt recommend adding liquid, the recipe has no eggs as a binder and liquid will dilute the batter that cant firm up. Still, you shouldn't feel pressured to only eat high protein desserts. This will be a perfect treat to have this week without the guilt. Servings: 1 serving. Im a big fan of making sweet treats with hidden protein ingredients, like protein muffins, healthy rice krispie treats, protein balls, and even protein donuts. Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram, or in our Facebook support group, too Id love to see it! Funfetti Mug Cake - Like Mother, Like Daughter My husband made this after his cycle ride and he loved it! For a sweet treat without any tradeoffs, this chocolate protein mug cake recipe is the perfect combo of delicious and healthy food! 5-Ingredient Protein Mug Cake in 5 Minutes - All Nutritious Team chocolate all the way! Drizzled with runny almond butter, topped with blueberries and nonfat Redi Whip. Add chocolate protein, flour, baking powder and salt and stir well. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a microwave safe mug (that holds at least 10-12oz) and whisk them all together. Just watch for any dietary restrictions when needed. When it comes to flavors, nothing comes close to the classic vanilla. For one, be sure to not over-mix your batter as this may result in a tough texture. (You'll also get free recipes via email. So, from start to finish it only takes minutes to make. And, it has no added oil, butter, or eggs?!? Tried it with high hopes. Sooo good and so easy to make too. This is the most common question that I get. Hi! . Home Recipe Videos Chocolate Protein Mug Cake Recipe. Wed LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. Whisk all ingredients straight into the mug. This post is sponsored by Paleovalley. Required fields are marked *. Gluten and sugar free. If cake springs back, it should be done. 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce. Instructions. Thanks for an easy treat, can't wait to try every variation I can think of! Then, let cool for 30 seconds. Continue microwaving in 15 second increments until mug cake is fully cooked (a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). These mug cakes are way too easy, delicious, and convenient!! What about self-raising gluten free flour? Remove from microwave. 1 Small mug Ingredients cup chocolate vegan protein powder cup almond flour teaspoon salt teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder 2 tbs maple syrup 2 tbs almond milk Instructions In a regular size mug, combine all the ingredients and mix until combined. Many thanks in advance. Personally, I think macros and flexible "dieting" (if you can call it that) is the most successful way to understand exactly how much you're consuming and where you can have the greatest success with nutritionimprovement. Thanks for the mug cake recipe, Arman!? All you need is two ingredients and a little water! (If you prefer, you can mix the batter in a bowl instead, then transfer to a mug or ramekin to cook.) It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Or would it change it too much in texture? How to Make Chocolate Mug Cake With Protein Powder - Spoon University Ready in under 5 minutes, this decadent chocolate high protein mug cake will crush your hunger and your cravings. That sounds incredible, Nadiene! Enjoy the recipes on the blog, Carine. Combine Orgain Organic Plant Protein Powder, almond flour, oat flour, starch, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk well, making sure to break up any lumps. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Cottage Cheese Bowl (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #1), Carrots and Cheese Plate (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #2), Tomato and Cheese Plate (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #3), Sliced Apples with Almond & Yogurt Dip (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #4), Edamame Snack with Fruit & Nuts (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #5), Popcorn Mix with Nuts (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #6), Hard Boiled Egg Snack with Veggies (Hunger Crushing Combo #7), Sugar Snap Peas with Guacamole (Hunger Crushing Combo Snack #8). Top with additional chocolate if desired. Instructions First, you want to take the coconut oil and spread it on the inside of the mug. Microwave in the center of the microwave at 900W for 90 seconds or stop after the cake rises in the mug. Top with a little whip cream and some berries for a perfect little treat. I absolutely love mug cakes and this one is perfect! So tasty! Please let me know. The Best Beachbody (BODI) Workouts in 2022, Beachbody's Sure Thing - Sample Workout, Before & After, Beachbody's Xtend Barre Review + Sample Workout, The BEST Fitness Apps For Women (That I Use Daily), 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (or Shakeology), 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten-free Flour. The ingredients are mixed together in the mug, then the cake is microwaved. Instead of putting chocolate chips on top I made a drizzle with peanut butter, almond milk and 1/2 teaspoon of monk fruit sweetener. 6 Weeks of the Work | An Advanced Workout For Extreme Results, Barre Blend | A Sample Workout You Can Do Anywhere, 9 Week Control Freak 28 Minute Sample Workout, Protein Mug Cake Recipe - 60 Seconds in the Microwave. This protein mug cake is the easiest mug cake youll ever make! For measurements, see the recipe card below. Microwave for 60-75 seconds, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, but the cake is still moist. Add water to thin out to consistency of wet batter. Make sure to get all the flour on the corners of the mug. Mixture will be like a dough. (Save an automatic 15% at the link above!). This tasted much better than I expected because Im not a fan of protein powders, but this recipe cut my sweet tooth needs and was easy to make. I am a foodie, a wife of a vegan runner and here I share with you my easy plant-based recipes! Your email address will not be published. I am ALWAYS looking for something sweet after dinner. . Microwave on high power (800W) for about 90 seconds or stop the microwave 10 seconds after you see the cake rising to its maximum height. It's even easier than my Apple Mug Cake recipe! BEST hack ever. I LOVE mug cakes because they make the perfect evening dessert and I have all the ingredients for this one. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Hi,my soy protein powder is unflavored,can I add rose water extract or elder flower extract & leave out the cocoa powder? Abbey Sharpis a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by theOntario College of Dietitians. Well, let's start out with the obvious - it's cake! 2 tablespoons oat flour almond or regular flour can be substituted. That's all you'll need! Here youll find delicious HEALTHY recipes, inspirational travel, and lifestyle, all served with a side of cheeky banter. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies, Avocado Toast with Roasted Tomatoes (High Protein & Vegan), Sheet Pan Pancakes with Chocolate and Banana, A high-protein snack option (8 grams per serving). This mug cake is so fluffy I could die! (Full disclosure). You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Since this protein powder mug cake is made with just protein powder and a few other ingredients, it makes up most of the flavors in the recipe. I recommend using a whey protein if you can tolerate dairy. Everything else was spot on to the recipe. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Im Nicole, a Registered Dietitian, recipe developer and content creator on a mission to help individuals rediscover the joys of cooking with easy, accessible, healthy recipes. Protein: 44 grams. Add in the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and milk. Ingredients 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted (or runny peanut butter!) On my page you'll find yummy recipes, wellness tips, and even some of my favourite travel and lifestyle recommendations! Microwave 1:30-1:45 or until you get your desired doneness (I like a gooey middle) I usually add vanilla extract to my baking, as it does add a lovely delicate flavour in the background. What a delicious treat! Just scroll up before this comment section to see the full recipe card and measurement, enjoy! Almond Milk To keep this recipe dairy-free, we opted for almond milk. So simple to make too! Let me know your thoughts down in the comments below! Protein powder mug cake is the perfect way to get some added protein into your day while curbing that sweet tooth. It's such a great option! A delicious whey protein mug cake. So excited to try! I had THE most delicious coconut ice cream in Guernsey once, and funny thing is that Im pretty sure I could taste a hint of vanilla in the background. A protein mug cake (protein powder cake in a mug) is a single serve cake that uses a combination of protein powder, eggs (or vegan substitute), milk and other extras to create a light, fluffy and gooey mug cake. Grease a microwave safe mug or ceramic dish and pour in the cake batter. Pop in the microwave for 75 seconds. There are a few little nuances that are important to ensure that your protein mug cake turns out just right. If you want to save some, store it covered in the fridge, and then reheat in the microwave just until warm. If it is not cooked to your liking after that time, return to the microwave and cook again by 10-second bursts until done no more than 90 seconds in total. There is pretty much nothing that I DONT love about a good mug cake but this protein mug cake has won me over for more than a few reasons. I personally have never tried but you can certainly give it a shot and let me know how it goes. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a1ed13b6123ac04e9c712c775b89906b" );document.getElementById("f5c140efd9").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Hello, Im Abbey! If you loved this protein mug cake, then you have to try these protein-packed recipes on the blog! 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (or Shakeology) 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten-free Flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 2 sachets of stevia . Ive tried many mug cake recipes and this was by far my most successful and tasty attempt! To make gluten-free: Choose a gluten-free flour option (all-purpose gluten-free flour, almond flour, or gluten-free oat flour). You can also add different extracts to give it a boost of flavors. Combine cake mix, chocolate chips, pumpkin, protein powder (optional) and water in a separate bowl/dish. Mug cakes come in all kinds of flavors. STEP THREE: Cook. 2 Ingredient Mugcake - KaleKouture Protein Powder- I always use Clean Simple Eats protein powder, which is a whey protein. Ive tried many mug cakes, and have never gotten one with a real cake consistency before. Feel free to add more or less sugar depending on how sweet your protein powder is and your preference. Plus, it has a neutral flavor so you just taste chocolate nothing else! For this option, you will need to add 1/2 tsp of baking powder to the selected ingredients. This is perfect for a quick fix when you just need pure comfort. Next time, Ill skip the cocoa, increase the oat flour a smidge and add vanilla extract. Unsweetened whipped coconut cream for a dessert-like snack. Ive made it three times and am still trying to get the oven timing just perfect, but its absolutely delicious!!! Fudgy Peanut Butter Protein Mug Cake (Simple, No Flour) No I would not suggest making it in a glass UNLESS it is a microwave safe glass mug. Oh, I like to add a piece of dark chocolate. So sweet and full of yummy flavor. Step Two: Next add in the water, and with a whisk or spoon mix well. Chocolate Protein Mug Cake in 2 Minutes (Keto & GF) I love creating high-protein recipes to fuel up. It will keep your mixture from sticking to the mug. YUMMM!!!!!!! So easy and SO GOOD. In another bowl, mix protein, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and baking soda. So excited to try the maple syrup with this - just like you recommend. This healthy Keto Vanilla Mug Cake takes less than a minute to make in the microwave or 12 minutes in the oven- Its paleo, vegan, gluten-free and sugar free! If you prefer a quick chocolate mug dessert without the protein powder, try a classic chocolate mug cake or a keto mug brownie. These Protein Mug Cakes are awesome because you can make a small portion for yourself, there's hardly any cleanup, they taste amazing as they satisfy your sw. Let rest in microwave about 30 sec-1 min. Add chocolate chips if desired. Heyy I tried the recipe and I think I used the wrong protein powder so the taste was kinda off, other than that the consistency was perfect. Your email address will not be published. For sure, if you go to myfitnesspal and include the ingredients (it changes depending on what protein powder you use), it will provide it for you Enjoy! Step 3: Microwave the protein powder . Microwave for :45-:60 seconds (which may turn into less or more time depending on how powerful your microwave is) Prep Time: 3 minutes Cook Time: 2 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack Cuisine :American Servings: 1 mug cake Calories: 197kcal Recipe Source: Chene Lewis Equipment you may need Add liquid ingredients. 1-2 Tbsp water (add slowly until you reach cake batter consistency!) It was perfect, better than non-protein powder mug cakes Ive tried. For another vegan option, I go for Organika's chocolate collagen (code NOURISHEDBYNIC30). After 1 minute in the microwave it was perfect to dig into but not before a dollop of double cream on top. 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup. cup oat milk almond milk or any dairy milk can be used Contrary to popular belief, you can add protein powder to desserts, especially into mug cakes. Follow as above, but bake in the oven for 8-15 minutes, depending on consistency desired- Mug cake is cooked once a toothpick comes out 'just' clean from the center. Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. YES! Youve gotta try it! Click the metric button to see the whole recipe in grams. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl - cereal, oats, vanilla protein powder, unflavored protein powder, flax seeds and chia seeds. After years of struggling to find balance I have finally found that there is a way nourish your body while also fueling your soul. Grease a microwave safe mug or ceramic dish and pour in the cake batter. I think you'll also love the speediness of it. This one definitely looks like a winner. Feel free to add more or less sugar depending on how sweet your protein powder is and your preference. Top with additional chocolate if desired.
Amy Lehrhaupt Obituary, Ball Benefits Central, Barb Lewis Shabby Tree Net Worth, Articles OTHER